Emily Carr

Hello everyone, In this post I’m going to be talking about what I’ve learned experienced through my time in the Emily Carr drawing group. At the start of this journey we were split into two different groups Herzog and Carr. I was put in Carr which is a group that takes inspiration from Emily Carrs art, And makes similar pieces. throughout my time in Carr I learned multiple skills including, Using pressure, doodling, Shading, Perspective, and Using colour. All of these skills made me a way better artist. I am going to showcase the best pieces of art I made from my time with Carr.

• Practicing shading on a mug

The big Idea of this project was to become better drawers and draw through different perspectives because that’s what Emily Carr was so good at. I think I have grown lot’s mostly in two categories. The first category is my overall art skills at the star of this project I was not the best drawer, but that was just what i said to myself, but now I’m confident that I can draw good. The other category I have improved in is my iPad skills, I know my way around it well now because of all the different tools and apps.

Create and Communicate

Through out the course of this project I Have learned how to communicate with others well but also I have learned how to communicate through art. I learned perspectives which is the most help-full way to express my art, and make it speak to people. I can use technology to create pieces of art to communicate and contact people through different platforms.

This is my favourite piece of art.

It is my favourite because i spent lot’s of time on this Piece and I love how it turned out.

Thank you for Reading

Tectonic chances

For this project are goal was to make a board game that showed are knowledge and understanding of the Tectonic plates, the driving question was, how are thematic and mathematical elements used in game design.

I was in a group with Seth and Max, and are game was called Hawaiian hell. It’s called that. Because it takes place in Hawaii and all hell is breaking. The main criteria was to have 10 key science concepts that demonstrate an understanding of the tectonic chances. Are board game was about escaping Hawaii when there is a massive chain of tectonic movement causing disaster all around. We used tiles represent tectonic plates. We had 50 tiles all with different types of squares and cards here are the

This is my MindNode that I made at the start of the project, I answered the questions I asked at the end of the project.

Evaluation: Demonstrate a complete understanding and appreciation of evidence.

In this project I feel that I showed a complete understanding of evidence. In are game we had evidence cards, they tested the players knowledge of tectonic plates with questions. I showed my understanding through are final game because of are rules and ideas they had evidence proving are concepts for are game. At the start of this project I didn’t know much about the plates, but the evidence proved everything I learned.

Questioning and predicting

Seth and I really wanted are game t be focused on natural disasters because we both share a common curiosity about them. I found them interesting because of how at seems like they happen out of the blue but they happen because of the plates. The game was focused on escaping and evidence of disasters. We represented are curiosity with evidence cards and disasters.

Understanding and Solving

In the criteria of the game we were told to use probability to determine the outcome of the game. In are game we used probability for the evidence cards, to see which card you will draw. We also used a dice to determine the amount of spaces you move forward. We calculated all of the probabilities of the game in are game rules in the probabilities section.

Becoming a plp learner

Becoming a Plp learner

This is my Blog post about becoming plp leaner, It’s about the whole journey leading up to the exhibition. We started off by walking into the plp maker room and meeting at all the teachers. Right after that we started the cup challenge, the goal was to work well with your group by stacking cups using, we each had a string that was attached to a big string circle that we had  to pick cups up with. The. We were introduced to are first project called becoming a plp learner. Everyone at are group was given a sticky note that they were supposed to wright a question on about the new project. After that are teachers told us things we would be including in it. A physical representation, the big life journal, are team contract pages, Memoji, artist statement, and a piece of creative media. The big life journal is a journal designed to teach us to be positive, set goals and reach for are goals. We did many things in the big life journal like planning are goals, planning are future, and learning about mindsets. We all added are three favourite pieces of the big life journal to are exhibition presentations. I added five jobs I wanted to try, my dream board, and my bucket list. After the big life journal we moved on to the team member contract. The team member contract page was about you as a team member, you made a promise to everyone you work with and are working with. Then came the physical creations. These were things meant to represent us, the trick was that we each got choose a box and whatever the box had we could only use that.

Then it was time for the exhibition all the the work we did in the past weeks put into one presentation. Here is my keynote tour

Keynote

This is my critique sheet my Mom filled out after seeing my guided tour.

Summative Learning

For this project I advertised for Covert Cafe Market. The driving question for this project is, How does what we hear see and read influence us

We started out by being assigned a business and a group, My business Was  Covert Cafe and Market, My group members were Jackson, Cameron, Kate, Julia, and Luca.

The main idea of this project is to, experience real life work , that’s why we were working with businesses. The projects goal is to make an advertisement for the company that they will actually use.

My group and I went through multiple drafts for covert here they are

• This was my first, I took an image from safari and made the ad in canva

This is Cameron

This is Jackson’s

This is Lucas

This is Julia’s

This is Kate’s

I think this is evidence of my learning  because of how I was able to understand the historical media and find out the target audience and techniques of this advertisement. I did this because of my understanding of advertisements.

This is page in are design principles workbook, this workbook taught me how to design and create ads with lots of tips on how to do it. It had multiple pages with examples of effective ads that I used as inspiration for my final ad.

Overall I think this is a very good project because of how it taught me about what I see, hear, and read around me. At the start I thought the working with a business would be very hard, but tuns out advertising is great. I think my greatest strengths were my communication and teamwork skills. I listened to my group members and communicated ideas with them to get to are final draft.

to answer the driving question, how does what we hear see and read around us influence us, I think that what we see, read and hear all influences us to do something because of the amount of businesses these days, and the amount of ways for people to see advertisements. What we see influences us into buying or helping a cause with an advertisement.

Wasssup

Welcome to your brand new blog at Blog 44 Sites.

To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.

For assistance, visit our comprehensive support site.

You can also subscribe to our brilliant free publication, The Edublogger, which is jammed with helpful tips, ideas and more.