More Happy Than Not trailer!

Trailers, or Failures?

In humanities 10 recently we’ve been working on book trailers on the books we chose in class. My group consisted of Luca O, Isabelle, Melika, Logan, and Kailey. The book that we read was More Happy Than Not. More Happy is a book about a boy named Aaron, who grew up in the Bronx and finds out he’s gay, and his father kills him self. The boy undergoes a surgery to make his mind forget about himself being gay, but yet he still remembers. The story is really interesting and would totally recommend reading it!

Adam Silvera (the author) with his book

For our trailers our first step was to pick what we wanted to film and the shape that we wanted it to undertake. We picked a whole bunch of quotes from the book and figured out which ones worked best, and where they would be placed throughout the trailer. We chose to go with a more romantic-ish kind of action trailer, so it was pretty fast paced and we needed quick quotes.

Our next step was to story board the shots that we wanted, and figure out which day worked out the best for filming. We figured out who would play which character and then used our time wisely to film in class shots during class time. After we thought we had all the footage, I took it together and created a rough draft, of our trailer. It looked good but it was missing something, music.

We had thought a lot about music because when you watch a trailer the music really sticks with you after the trailer is done, and so music is super important. This is where Luca comes in. He wrote and sang his own song for our trailer. It’s called Not With Out Problems, and it fit perfectly with the theme of our trailer. It really tied the whole thing together, and made everything fit.

This is our first draft

We watched them in class and figured out what we had to edit and change for them to look nicer and more composed. Every bodies looked really good and I was really happy with the turnout. Our feedback from the class was pretty positive, all we had to change was the voice over and the quotes. (We needed to make them shorter). I re-edited the video and came up with our present day trailer, I hope you like it and I hope it makes you want to watch more! 

Published by

One thought on “More Happy Than Not trailer!

1. I really enjoyed all the pictures you included, and the layout of those photos really added to the aesthetic of the post. The only thing you could add would be some more links.