Today we are talking about a unit we just finished in Scimatix all about like terms and polynomials. This is going to be a shorter post, but I’m hoping to get across everything I’ve learnt.

For our project I think we used the habit of mind applying past knowledge to new situations quite a lot. We used everything we’ve been learning so far in math this year to come out with the best results possible. I thought me and Emerson had a very good understanding of the math which made this project just that little bit easier than if we hadn’t. An ISTE standard that I improved during this project was knowledge constructor. I built up my knowledge of polynomials and like terms through the Showbie course and also the research done on the project. Now back to the project. Emerson and I built a formula to generate the estimated sum of a hockey players yearly salary that they actually get to pocket. To do this we used polynomials, but we could have used like terms a little more. We used Elias Peterson as our demonstration. Below are our results.

Anyways this was a great project and I learnt a thing or two about polynomials and like terms. I enjoyed researching about hockey players and overall this project was quite good. Anyways…

Until next time… Aedan Loughran