SLC’s

Well the time has come for Student Led Conferences. We are supposed to talk about the work we are most proud of, work that shows growth with my learning and evidence of a growth mindset.

First off I would like to talk about the work I am most proud of. I am really, really proud of my quilt square. I felt like I really put a lot of effort into it and I actually enjoyed the project despite my sore fingers. When I was done it I was really happy with the end product and thought it looked pretty cool. I learned a lot about forming a story. Before we even started to design the squares we had to create a civilization and then we had to create a story or myth about how our civilization was formed. My team took a while to illiterate our myth and give it lots of detail. I would have changed my story a little bit so it was more clearer.image

Next is my growth as a learner. I felt that I grown a lot so far this year. During the DI tournament, during our performance we tryed to do the weight testing with it and I was chosen to do the testing. When I went to the weight testing stucture and put the safety plate on, it was completely lopsided and couldn’t have any of the weights put on it. I kept on trying to adjust the safety block but it never worked out. This shows a growth this ear in my problem solving. At the start of the year I was not a very good problem solver put with all of the challenges I have faced, even the little ones, I have developed a pretty good problem solving mind.image

Last is the evidence of a growth mindset. I felt like I showed an evidence of a growth mindset when I did my advertisements. I was always thinking about ways to improve them and I was always changeing it and making it better then getting criticism and adding to them and so on. I learned how to keep on going even if I hit a problem like the wording of a sentence and to move on from that and look at something else for a bit then comeback to it. If I could have changed something I would have made time to look at each ad for an equal amount of time because I really worked on my landscape ad and then only sometimes looked at my advocacy ad.

image
Final Version
First Draft
First Draft