Oregon Field Study Reflection

There is only one word to describe this trip: AMAZING. I learned a ton about marine life, earthquakes, tsunamis and other wildlife.

I also became really close to everyone in my PLP class and especially had lots of fun with them! One of the things that I really love about the PLP program or this field school in general, is that we learn lots and work really hard but, still have a lot of fun along the way. I used to not think that was possible, but this program has proven me wrong. Even though I missed my family, I still wish it wasn’t over. 

Everyday, I wake up with a smile on my face, super excited to go to school in this amazing program called PLP. Except during the weekends, because I want them to be over as soon as possible. It’s not just the program that makes it so amazing, the teachers and other students as well make this especially fun. 

Here are the highlights of my trip including best food, best activities, best beaches and some pictures!

Best food/restaurants

John’s incredible pizza company 

I’ve got to admit, the food sure was pretty INCREDIBLE, especially the pizza! I really like the whole buffet concept too, it was separated in different categories: desserts, pizza, pasta and more!

Golden Corral 

The food there was delicious, the pizza, pasta, salad, everything! Guess what, they also had a chocolate fountain where you could dip all sorts of desserts: brownies, marshmallows, strawberries and more!

Pig ‘n’ pancake

It says it in the name, as you can tell, pig ‘n’ pancake is pretty well known for it’s…pancakes! Trust me, I tried them and… one word to describe it: DELICIOUS! I definitely recommend going if you happen to be near Cannon Beach in Oregon!

Best activities

Highlife Adventures

In this picture, it’s one of my classmates, Emily. Go check out her blog!

I mean, why wouldn’t this be in my top three activities in this trip?!? Do you know what highlife adventures does? If not, here it is, ZIP LINING!!! It says it itself, it was sooo fun!  At the end, we even had the opportunity to get dunked in their lake (and of course I did!)! Highlife Adventures was also the company that my group (Noah, Brenton and Lauren) advertised for our oregon business ad. There is not much more to say about it, it was amazing and definitely worth it! 

John’s incredible pizza company

Yes, John’s incredible pizza company was that good to also be in the best activities list. Do you know why? It’s because John’s incredible pizza company is not just a buffet restaurant, it is also a sort of version of Chucky Cheese, if you don’t know what Chucky cheese it is basically a place with also lots of games to play to get tickets or to use them. There were some bumper cars games, Wack-a-mole and other arcade games! 

Tillamook 

Tillamook is basically a place where they make and sell dairy products (ice cream, yogurt and most famous for their cheese). I really enjoyed learning about cheese and being able to experience and see how they make it so perfect. Fun fact: I am actually lactose and tolerant which means that I cannot digest dairy products very well. Does this mean that I have gone living my life without eating any milk, ice creams, cheese, etc?? No! Of course not! Also, because I’m part French-Canadian, I eat quite a lot of cheese! 

Best beaches

Peter Iredale

Like all the beaches that we went to, they were beautiful and had an even more beautiful sunset. It was pretty “romantic” if you tell me, but, that doesn’t exactly interest a type of 13 year old girl like me. For me, the highlight of this beach visit was not just the beautiful sunset, but, we also ate some delicious Costco pizza for dinner over there! Now THAT is awesome. 

Cannon beach

This beach was also very pretty just like all the other beaches that we went to.  Also, funny story, our teacher was telling us NOT to turn our backs to the water when we are very close to it because if we do, there could be a wave that could get you soaked. Guess what? Two people in my class did not do what our teacher said to do and got soaked! It was pretty hilarious! 

Beverly beach

Beverly beach was also very very fun to hang around at. The teachers gave us a lot of freedom so we were allowed to go anywhere we wanted as long as the teachers could see us. Beautiful sunset as well! 

Also please check out my book to see some more fun things that I did in Oregon!

Thanks for reading and I’ll see you in my next blog post!

-Lexie 😁

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>