tPOL Post!

Declaration of Learning:

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.” 

Welcome to my tPOL post! I reflecting on my growth as a learner throughout this entire year and I will strive to provide evidence to answer this driving question:

“Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?”

Throughout this year I have done many projects that have made myself learn and improve. These projects will show why I am I feel that I’m able to advance to the next year. In this year I have continued to improve and at a point in my learning plan in which I have developed certain profiles of different curricular competencies.

Maker 

Since my mPOL I was able to work within a new subject called Maker 9. In Maker I completed four main projects that were improve to my progress as a learner:

Believe in Good

Destination Imagination

Vibrant Video

Your First Film

Without a doubt all of these projects improved my skills and abilities. Yet, there are still two projects that improved two different areas of the curricular competencies. These two projects are “Believe in Good” and “Destination Imagination”. Throughout ‘Believe in Good’ I was really able to improve myself by going more in-dept within the Personal and Social core competency. In addition to this project there was a project called “Destination Imagination” where I really improved within the communication core competency.

Final product of Believe in Good

Skills I used in each project:

Believe in Good:

• Positive Personal and Cultural Identity 

Destination Imagination:

Click Here For Full Performance! 

Teamwork

• Collaborating
  • I was able to build upon my team working skills.

Responsibility

Throughout Destination Imagination I really took responsibility by helping and encouraging others.

Humanities

Throughout the subject known as Humanities I have completed 2 main project during the latest semester. The other project I completed was mention in my Mid Year Presentation Of Learning (mPOL). I will still list all of the project I’ve completed this year, which are:

People and the Environment

Revolutions on Trial

Working With Words

A Case For A Nation

A War To End All Wars: Graphically Told

Throughout all of these projects I have been able to improve myself as a learner. Yet, one specific project called “A War To End All Wars: Graphically Told” was the project that I think progressed me, as a learner, the most this year. I was able to really utilize the different skills that would further progress myself as a learner. I did learn a lot about the world war, but I think the way I learnt and explained my learning was what made this so special to my improvement.

The curricular competencies I learnt and applied within this project:

• Critical and Reflective thinking 
  • Communicating 
  • Creative Thinking

How my content improved from revision:

• I created many drafts of my graphic novel and constantly built off each one I created
  • I was able to implement my creative thinking skills into this revisions 

Regarding the content of this project these revisions really made my graphic novel stand out from my other pieces of work throughout the year. With the extra detail and implementation of my skills I think this piece of work from this project was a great example of high quality work.

Scimatics

In scimatics I’ve already completed projects that were listed in my mPOL, but I was able to complete some more. All of the projects I’ve completed in Scimatics this year are:

Game of Exponent Laws

Correlation vs. Causation

Chemistry Stories

Metaphor Machines

Meiosis Models

Time is Money

All of these project contributed in many ways to make myself able to become a successful student this year. But, the project that I think really improved myself was “Time is Money” because, regarding the content, I was able to create a product and graph data using analyzing skills. When I didn’t understand certain concepts I followed self created work habits to stay on task a manage my time. 

Click Here For Full Presentation!

How did you decide how to allocate your time and attention?

– I tended to focus too much on one topic which strained my performances on other topics

Areas of improvement in Scimatics:

• I lacked in quality of my presentation skills 
  • I sometimes lacked Work ethic in certain areas, which threw off my pace of learning

Learning Plan Assessment 

Did all the work you completed this year meet your standards?

The goal throughout this year was to achieve the goal set in my learning plan:

Click for full learning plan
  •  I was able to use my setting, habits, and dispositions to complete each goal
  • I was able to access all of my profiles for each of the competencies:

Thinking 

• Throughout this year I think I was able to complete and fully understand both of the chosen curricular competencies profiles within this core competency 
  • I continued to use both the creative thinking and critical and reflective thinking throughout my work 
  • By the end of the year I was able to challenge my creative side of thinking and intertwine it with my creative thinking skills

Communication 

• I’ve been able to not only communicate to an audience, but more importantly a group 
  • I have also been able to growth so much as a learner, that now I’m able to communicate through different forms 
  • By continuing to strive to succeed I’ve been able to achieve a profile 4 in communicating with great ease after the first section of this year

Personal and Social 

• Throughout this year I understood the project, in which I would need to use and develop my profiles of this core competency 
  • Throughout certain projects I was able to understand the world around me using this competency

I think, with the evidence provided, I was able to reach a detailed understanding of the each core competencies this year.

Answer to driving question:

• I met the goal that I started for myself at the beginning of the year. From learning and
  • I’ve became a successful learner
  • I’ve proved that I can complete what I set my mind to

Thank you for reading my tPOL post!

Alicia 😀

One thought on “tPOL Post!