Poetry Ploof

Poetry is very interesting. I like to write poetry. But when we are confined to one topic, it’s very difficult. So of course, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing.

Haiku. Juxtaposition. Onomatopoeia. Various other terms we started with.
Every class, we would learn a few new poetry terms. Then we read a few poems, answered a few questions. For homework, we would have a poem. This continued for about two weeks. But the catch was, all the poems had to be about worldview. This was very difficult for me because worldview isn’t a topic I am overjoyed with. It was a learning experience for me, writing about things I had no interest in. It was very difficult at first, but by the 7th, I had gotten the hang of it.

All of the poems we created are going into books, using Book Creator. These, once edited, will then be transferred into iBooks, where people will be able to download them.

From this project, I learned how to work with topics I don’t like. I also learned many different poetry terms and poetry styles!

Here’s my book:

One thought on “Poetry Ploof

1. I absolutely love your creative poetry! The way you made a collage of all the animals you included in your poem was brilliant!