About Me

“Somebody help me, I’m being spontaneous!” ~ the Truman show

Salutations. My name is Ally. So welcome to the world of my blog. I am really trying to stay serious right now, but it is almost impossible because I am so enlivened to start blogging. I don’t know about you, but when I was younger I would regard blogs as the word of god. I would actually hide in bed on my parents phone reading newsletters and blog posts. So you could say that this theme is brings out my inner philosopher.

But let me stop right there. I bet right now you are thinking, who is this fetus and why is she telling me her childhood leisure activity? Well, excuse my lack of manners. Who am I? I am a 14 year old Canadian cynic who enjoys simple activity such as complex mathematics and speaking nonstop about physics. Fun fact that you may need for Jeopardy! I am taking a physics exam this year that will be my admission to the junior national physics team! You could also say that I am a bit of a reading fanatic. People around me note that I take this hobbie to another level; a strange obsession. Normally the first thing you notice abut me even before you know my name is that I am often, in fact always with large novel in hand.

Some of the real classics in my book (pun intended) include War and Peace, A Breif History of Time, and any works of Shakespeare and Austin. I just happen to adore anyone who is as crazy about books as I am. Do you like books as much as I do? What is your favorite novel?

I have also noticed that when people introduce themselves, their title goes long with what type of pet they have. Let me specify. When introducing myself to most people I will often get a response such as “Hey my name is Kaia. I have a Labradoodle” So excuse me while I jump on the bandwagon.

I have a small white dog who’s name is Belle. Her hobbies include long walks on the beach.

I also happen to have a horse! I am an avid horse rider, and I have participated in equestrian competitions at a national level. Her name is Kenya. She enjoys carrots, hugs, and long walks on the beach. Often this is the part where I rattle on with terms that only a handful of you will understand. So I will save you a tiny heart attack and simply explain that I have been a show jumping with Kenya for around a year, and that I love her to bits. Yet sometimes my barn friends refer to her as ‘The Devil’, which I admit, is often applicable. As the wise once said, “the smaller the pony the closer to Satan“.

I have always had a passion for connecting with other cultures, through reading and Pen-palling. I am glad to finally have an excuse to do this connecting online, with the student blogging challenge!

15 fun facts about me

1. I am 14 years old.

2. I take part in an Apple distinguished school program called PLP.

3. I can speak 6 languages, English, French, Japanese, Mandarin, Swedish and Italian.

4. I am currently learning how to speak in ASL.

5. My favourite school subjects are Math and Science.

6. I have always dreamed of attending Oxford university.

7. I play the violin, and aspire to learn how to play the piano.

8. my favourite game is chess. I enjoy employing strategy.

9. I once discovered the meaning of life. I forgot to write it down.

10. I am probably Poptarts best customer.

11. Certain people I look up to include Greta Thunberg, and Stephen Hawking

12. If I could have dinner with one hero from Canadian history it would be Ron Burgundy, no question. Not only did he invent the wheel, but he also built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and Bron.

13. If I inherited a million dollars the day before aliens terrorized earth and claimed that they would end the world in two days, I would use the money to create a time machine, go back in time and alert the government as well as the conspiracy theorists. I would then invest the rest of my money, so by the time I got back I would be a billionaire.

14. In the future, I would like to become a theoretical physicists, particularity because of how much string theory and dark energy interest me

15. This is my second year doing the student blogging challenge

https://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/about/

Now just before I conclude my TED talk I was hoping I could share a some negligible information. To keep it short and ensure that you do not live your entire life on this blog (if you have not already). Staying trivial I would like you all to know one things about me: “Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.” ~ William Shakespeare. What better a motto to live by? But, through my joking, I always ensure I remember this: “A witty saying proves nothing.”

Can you hear me laughing? Attempt to recollect to always live a little my friends, (wow try saying that 10 times fast) and there is figuratively no such thing as being out-witted.

Let’s see what the world would look like if we stayed on our toes *cough*bipeds*cough

”Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!” ~ the Truman show