Categories
Humanities Maker

Let’s Combine Stuffed Animals and Talk About The Industrial Revolution!

This post is dedicated to Keenan’s frog.

HELLO INCREDIBLE BLOG READERS!! In this post I will be talking about our latest and probably our most unique project that we have done, The Rise of the Frankenstuffies!

Yes, you read that right.

The Frankenstuffies are indeed rising.

Let’s start with our driving question. This question is a slight variation of our driving question from our last project. The driving question for this project is:

How do revolutions transform the world?

And what better way to learn about transformation then to transform some stuffed animals?

Yes. That is what we did.

For this project, we had to create a Frankenstuffy, which is a mashup of multiple stuffed animals, and then take that Frankenstuffy on a journey through the Industrial Revolution. We had to communicate our character’s journey using several different creative outlets, such as film, photography, and writing. You might be confused, but as you read more about the Milestones that we completed that I found to be the most helpful, hopefully you will gain a better understanding of this project, the Industrial Revolution, and my characters story!

This was our first Milestone, as well as where we actually made our Frankenstuffies. When Ms. Willemse told us to bring old stuffed animals, I honestly don’t think that any of us had any clue about what was going on. We were, however, VERY excited when we found out that we got to tear the toys apart. You can see more of that process in the photo gallery below.

For the actual Milestone, we were tasked with creating a dossier, or a collection of files, about our character. We had to lay out our characters name, age, emotions, likes, dislikes, gender, location, friends, parents, sexuality, job, goals, appearance, and so much more. Here is my dossier!

Character Plotting

• At the beginning…
  • At the beginning…
  • COGGY COMPLETED!
  • COGGY YAYYY!!

Now you have met Coggy!

For Milestone Two, we had to write a short story. Our story had to tell the story of our frankenstuffie during the Industrial Revolution, and explain how it transformed the world. I used different processes and strategies to plan, develop, create, and refine my story! I also applied some of those same strategies, as well as other ones, to better understand what I was actually learning and writing about. Without further ado, here is my short story!

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️  THE STORY THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHORT. IT IS NOT A SHORT STORY. BE PREPARED!!!!

Short-But-Actually-Quite-Long Story!

In Milestone Five, we had to create a storyboard. Our final project is a short film about our characters journey, so in this milestone we had to make a storyboard for that film. It took a long time! My storyboard was very complex, and there were A LOT of shots and details that needed to be added. Even though the creation of the storyboard was hard, I think that persevering through it and making sure that everything was laid out so that it was clear and concise was one of the the best things that I did this whole project. Since it was a individual project, filming was hard, but the storyboard helped me so, so, so much. Here it is, and it’s another extraordinarily long thing!

storyboard yayyy!!!

For our last Milestone, of course, it was the actual film. Here is my video!

How did you like it? Did you understand the story?

GOODBYE for now lovely blog readers!! Stay safe!