How Did Napoleon Fail To Conquer Russia?

This week in class we learned about the French Revolution. Just like previous week our teacher asked us to find a question that she did not answer in class and answer it pretty much anyway we chose. This week Gabi and I chose to work together and present our question though a little skit.

For the past two blog posts I have done keynote and just writing about it, so for this week I wanted to switch it up a bit, and so did Gabi. After Gabi, Marley and I tried to go paddle boarding which didn’t work out cause the water was freezing, Marley started a water fight, which got me thing about how we could turn this into our project. Once you see the video this will all make more sense.

For this video we chose to reenact Napoleon’s invade on Russia in the 1800’s, Gabi and Marley we the Russian army and I was Napoleon. We used a hose and a nerf gun as the Russian’s weapons and my only weapon was a rake, but we were pretending it was a pitch fork spear thingy.

Our question was ” How did Napoleon fail to conquer Russia?”

When Gabi and I started to make this video we filmed before we researched and we went off our small knowledge on the topic. Which was a mistake because after we researched and found out that Napoleon and his troops were exhausted and left with with very few rations, and no winter clothing, so Napoleon was forced to retreat. But The Grande Armée was starving and suffering from the extremes of the Russian Winter. Where as we thought that they just got defeated and left.

Here is our video hope you enjoy because I know I had a lot of fun making it…

http://youtu.be/36A0u0k_PzE