How The Right To Vote Went From A Privilege To A Right…

I’m back! With another Explain Everything!

image

Recently we have been learning about getting the right to vote in Canada, and how that went from a privilege to a right. My teacher thought it would be a great idea to make an Explain Everything, cause who doesn’t love Explain Everything’s…I do not love Explain Everything’s. I more like… very dislike them. But anyways, we were asked to make an Explain Everything in partners, about how the right to vote in Canada went from a privilege to a right. I decided to work with my best friend Gabi!… It was a good and a bad choice in one. Good because we know each other’s strengths and weaknesses and bad because for one, we get very easily distracted and two because she was leaving for Hawaii in the middle of this project.

First we had to make an thesis, which took so freakin long. We had to get it approved by our teacher before we could even start our story board. It took us a solid two or three classes before we finally got it, this is what we came up with. “The right to vote went from a privilege to a right because of social change and pressure build up. People who didn’t have the right to vote, began to stand up for themselves and were fighting for their rights and equality.”

Our next step was to make a story board, once we had our thesis, this step was relatively straight forward. We made a few different versions and revisions of the story board until we were happy with it. Our end product looked like…

image

image

And then Gabi left for Hawaii and I was stuck finishing this project… Well not completely, we agreed that if she wrote the whole script I would put everything together. And after all these steps and revising, I would say it turned out pretty well.

Here it is if you want to check it out…

http://youtu.be/LcgSbTWY-VI