Improvement

For the improvement section of my SLC I am going to focus on procrastination and more specifically my Civil Rights Little Big Story.

tumblr_lkevhdS8wD1qjw89eo1_500

Around the middle/ end of the school year I can always feel myself losing interest in sitting in school for 5 and a half hours, for 5 days a week. And that leads to the not so wonderful thing called procrastination, I am a pro at procrastination when I want to be but that is not something I should be proud of. Don’t get me wrong, when I procrastinate, I am not the type of person to sit on my phone when I know I need to work. I am the type of person that knows that they have a big project due at the end of the month and really doesn’t want to do it, so I fill every moment with homework that is due the next day, to softball, to cleaning my room. I can’t say I don’t go on my phone at all, because I would be lying, but when I am mid-stage procrastination I need to always look like I am doing something productive. But this is a bad thing. I tell myself that I am being productive because I am doing something that needs to get done, but usually the thing I am doing is not very important at the moment in time.

I have tried making timetables and schedules of when what need to be done and by when. And sometimes that it very effective, but other times… I am able to find something to do that my brain thinks is more important when really it’s not. Before next year I want to have an effective way not to procrastinate.

Okay now onto my Civil Rights LBS, this is one good example of procrastination… Or maybe I was just busy… Either way, it did not get completed till a few days before the exhibition. I was still proud of my final piece of work but I do know that if I had started earlier, I would have been able to do a lot better and fix up the tiny mistakes, like me speaking too fast. If you want to read my blog post about my Civil Rights Little Big Story and watch my final product, Click Below!

Ralph Abernathy…Who?