WWII (A Long Overdue Blog Post)

Note to self… if you have a due date for everything on a friday a months after it gets assigned… DO NOT WAIT TILL THAT WEEK TO DO THE WHOLE YEARS WORTH!

Okay moving on because I don’t have time to waste ranting about my terrible time management skills. Todays blog topic is nothing other than WWII, we are going to be forcing my brains to remember back to March… ya thats right March.

In this unit there was 6 baseline topics which meant that if you completed all of them well supposidy you would receive 80%, but not the rules of the PLP game have changed and I honestly am not really 100% sure as to what they are anymore.

I am just going to go through each of these 6 baseline assignments and explain WWII through them if that makes sense and if not keep reading and it soon will.

As I talked about in one of my previous blog posts we were trying out these different note styles and for this one I had to do a Mind Map which isn’t the one that works best for me so it was kinda hard to do. But before we change our notes into one of the 5 styles we were taking notes in class from Mr Hughes or Ms Willemse lecture in class. Here were my notes…

Baseline Assignment numero uno!

Mind map Time! This mindmap took me a while to make not only because I chose to do it on pages and it was hard to format everything to fit, but also because it was just a lot of work. My first submission got sent back to me with the big “Revise” on it real quick, so after a month of delaying revising it I finally did. Here are my two versions…

WWII in a nutshell!

• In 1938 germany invaded poland starting off the war
  • Germany set up an alliance called the axis powers including Germany, Italy, and Japan
  • The US wanted to stay neutral during the war but were forced to enter when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor
  • The allied powers was an alliance between Us, Great Britain, and Soviet Union to fight the axis powers
  • Hitler was dictator at the time and tried to take over Germany and most likely the world after
  • Hitler believed that every bad thing in the world was the Jews fault and this was the main reason for the Holocaust.
  • Many jews were killed and sent to concentration camps
  • In 1945 the Germans surrendered making it the end of the war in Europe
  • Japan was still fighting the US after the Germans surrendered
  • President Truman gave the go ahead to drop the bombs on Japan
  • Japan surrendered after the bomb dropping officially making the end of WWII.

I hope you enjoyed my very very condensed WWII, because who has time to write full paragraphs.. Haha definitely not me.

Baseline Assignment #2

For our second assignment we had a chart to fill in answering the following question:

-What are the options for the soon-to-be Allies? (A.k.a. Britain, France)

Here is my chart…

Baseline Assignment #3

Third was the appeasement chart; for this we were answering the questions:

1. After reading Documents A and B, create a hypothesis to answer the question: Was appeasement the right policy for England in 1938? Cite evidence from the documents to support your answer.
  2. After reading Documents C, D, and E, create a hypothesis regarding the question: Was appeasement the right policy for England in 1938? Cite evidence from the documents to support your answer.

Again here is my chart…

Baseline Assignment #4

(coming once gabi sends to me because we did it on her ipad)

Baseline Assignment #5

The fifth assignment was a paragraph arguing what we thought was the most significant event of the war and why. I decided to write mine on D-Day and you will just have to read it to find out.

And finally Baseline Assignment #6

For the last one we had to create a 3,2,1 document/ chart thingy. 3 thoughts or ideas, 2 questions and 1 metaphor.

Here that one is!