Anders’s Seycove blog

“There isn’t Done without Do” -Anders (me)

November 8, 2019
by andersb
2 Comments

SBC | Week 5: Music

Music is an essential aspect of life, and without music, films would be morning, there wouldn’t be horror movies, and Spotify/Apple Music wouldn’t exist. Music has been around for thousands of years, and it has advanced alongside humans. For week 5 of the SBC, we had a choice between 8 different tasks, which I chose to do four. They were about the trumpet, how music works and its benefits and finally a survey that you can take. Continue Reading →

November 5, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Back To Square “RUN!”

Making a copy of a film does not seem hard to do, but how does that compare to reality. The goal of this project was to learn what technologies, tool and strategies can we utilize to create a short film. Through the process of this project, we used many competencies to guide our learning. The short film we had to recreate a horror skit called “RUN” that had many interesting angles, body language and tiny details that we had to have. With my group (Matthew & Ciara) their many ups and downs in the project that added to my never-ending learning. Continue Reading →

November 2, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Scimatics 9 | Correlation & Causation

Correlation does not imply causation. Correlation is the relationship between two or more things that mutually connect. These associations can help prove different concepts, but that does not mean correlation implies causation. Causation is the evidence that backs up and proves the reason for the association. When causation is not presented and does not have evidence to back it up is a false correlation. We were tasked with surveying people to find a correlation between two things, which one had to have causation. Latter to this, we had to present (I was with Ben) in front of the class with a slideshow. Continue Reading →

October 31, 2019
by andersb
4 Comments

SBC Week 4: Free Choice

Correlation does not mean causation. Correlation is the relationship between two or more things that mutually connect. These associations can help prove different concepts, but that doesn’t mean correlation implies causation. Causation is the evidence that backs up and proves the reason for the association.  We learnt how to use skills to analyze the validity, reliability and presentation of data to compare and interpret information. When causation is not presented and does not have evidence to back it up is a false correlation. Continue Reading →

October 28, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

PGP | Alberta Field Study

Alberta was a wild trip with what felt like non-stop driving, endless activities and limited sleep. Despite the minor hardships, I had lots of fun, and I could efficiently complete the final project afterwards. In my last post, “The Power of Place,” I talked a lot about the process of creating the video and milestones. However, I didn’t talk much about the trip itself and how I managed to stay on top of my work. Continue Reading →

October 24, 2019
by andersb
2 Comments

SBC | Week 3: Plagiarism

The third week is all about photos and to use them correctly. The consequences of plagiarizing can ruin your life and can get you expelled from post secondary. In PLP I usually use images that I have took myself or created. The process of citing source is eliminated and there is no chance of plagiarizing. Continue Reading →

October 17, 2019
by andersb
4 Comments

SBC | Commenting

For the second week of the SBC (student blogging challenge) we had to four tasks. Latter to this, we needed to write about commenting on other people’s blog posts. I randomly picked people from the list of participants. I stumbled across some really cool blog post that were unique and detailed.  Continue Reading →

October 9, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

The Power of Place

How does place impact business owners? We visited Alberta for 9 days, interviewing people along the way in order to answer this driving question. 

I made a video on how business owners were affected by place looking through the environmental lenses. We had to focus on the continuity & change and listening & speaking by interviewing people about their business throughout the years. The video incorporated videos, pictures and interviews. Continue Reading →

October 8, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Exponent Game

Playing games are supposed to be easy, clear and especially fun to play. However, is it that easy to make a game of your own? 

For Sciematics, we were tasked with creating a game that had to include exponents laws while still using mental math. The game my partner and I created is a version of The Game Of Life with exponents. I recreated the rules while still keeping the fundamental rules that make up the original game of Life. All of the pieces I created were first designed in Keynote and then were either printed out or hand drawn. Continue Reading →