Anders’s Seycove blog

“There isn’t Done without Do” -Anders (me)

February 7, 2020
by andersb
0 comments

Like Terms Coding Project

When terms or expressions are like, then they can be shortened into a smaller size. Everyone enjoys having a simpler and easier equation so why not take the time to condense it. These are called like terms and they are the magic behind the math. We learnt many terms to better understand and complete this. With this knowledge, we created a project using like terms with a driving question, “How can we code a 2D game that involves like terms and algebra tiles?” My group (Matthew and Angelo) wanted to create a 2D “.io” C# game using like terms, polynomials and algebra tiles. Continue Reading →

February 2, 2020
by andersb
0 comments

Nationalism Represented By Memes?

What is the difference between the past and history? Well, at first you might think “nothing, they are the same” but actually, there is a deeper meaning and a distinctive contrast. Past is all the events before the present which is everywhere from last second to the Big Bang. History, on the other hand, is much more complex and only certain things are counted as historically significant. We had 5 project milestones where we looked into cause and consequence from significant events. Applying this to our project we had to answer the driving question “How can we use current memes to comment on the significance and consequences of nationalism around the world?”

Continue Reading →

January 29, 2020
by andersb
0 comments

mPOLs | Presentation of Learning

It is the middle of another crazy year, even more, intense than last year. I have tried many new things, going out of my comfort zone and spending A LOT OF TIME on projects. Reflecting back on the first 1.5 terms, almost 20 weeks, around 100 days and it was definitely a journey. Reflecting on every project since September would be impossible in one post (which is what my blog is supposed to show) so I have chosen a project from every subject to show opportunities for improvement, work ethic and work habits. Considering my demonstration of revision, teamwork, responsibility and production of high quality will be especially apparent throughout the first half of the year. As the work level and expectations have gone up, I still spend too much time on my work. In this mPOL we were supposed to focus on opportunities of improvement.

Continue Reading →

January 20, 2020
by andersb
0 comments

TikToks for Class?

In class we are studying nationalism and history significance through building knowledge by looking into examples. We are going to use current day memes to comment on the significance and consequences of nationalism around the world? We are currently studying cause and consequence through articles and primary source quotes. For the third milestone of this project we were challenged with creating at least 3 TikToks one from each category (memes, dance trends and creative effects).  Continue Reading →

January 18, 2020
by andersb
0 comments

Winter Exhibition: Star Wars

On the 19th of December, we finished the months-long work for the winter exhibition. Once we left the school, the exhibition had come to a close, reflecting back on all the hard work put into our projects. This was themed after Star Wars and incorporated both Humanities and Maker. The grade 9s teamed up with the grade 8s to create an extraordinary experience for the viewers.  We were challenged with creating a story using the hero’s journey and creating an artifact that connected to our part of the story. We set out as a class to make an interactive exhibition, explaining the hero’s journey by the knowledge we have gained through the hours spent on this topic. Continue Reading →

December 21, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Once Upon Chemistry Stories | Science

Chemistry is the identification and study of the substance of which matter is constructed. Every in the world can be explained by the periodic table, Bohr models and different types of bonds. In Science, we learnt all about these elements, properties and prefixes to create a story showing the bonding of atoms. We were challenged with using animations to show the electron arrangement of atoms impacts their chemical nature. Continue Reading →

December 16, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Star Wars Review: A New Hope (Episode IV)

Stars wars has become one of the most popular movie franchises in history. It began in 1979 and it has endured over the decades by recreating itself for new generations. “A New Hope”, the first movie produced (IV Episode) created the winning formula for the franchise to follow. The series is about following the hero’s journey to overcome mental obstacles, physical challenges and in the end a overwhelming enemy. Continue Reading →

December 1, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Live Event! | Maker

A live event is a performance that is supposed to be fun and engaging. And capturing the event is memorable to look back to and nice to reflect on. For the final video of the term we were tasked with creating a video on a live event throughout a period of time. I ended up using my Jazz band concert but it wasn’t my original idea.  Continue Reading →

November 28, 2019
by andersb
0 comments

Video Reflection | Maker

Throughout the first term, we have done more videos than all of last year. We have created ten videos, but that wouldn’t be possible without the extensive techniques we learnt along the way. The creation of a well-organized film consists of three parts; pre-production, production and post-production. We have gone through failure and success, which has made me a better director, producer and editor. I am proud of the videos I have created, but we didn’t just become good at it and by having the advantage of making so many. We used the stages of production and the competencies in the project to create an awesome video. Continue Reading →

November 26, 2019
by andersb
2 Comments

SBC | Week 8: Reflection

The Student Blogging Challenge (SBC) has been a journey over 8 weeks challenging participants to write, learn and share. In ever week there are different tasks that challenge people to create and innovate. This was the second year I have took part in this challenge and I have put my full into every week. Even though it was awful on top of an already tight PLP homework schedule I managed to do it and produce quality products. Each week I will share a sneak peak of the challenges. Continue Reading →