How am I going to progress as a learner before the end of the school year?

This post is specifically for and about MPOL (Mid-Year Preasentation Of Learning).  I’m going to be discussing what I have learned and what I want to improve on going foward into PLP.  I am going to talk about the different subjects in PLP and how I can Improve as a learner in PLP.

Humanities – In humanities, I have learned many new things I never thought I would really enjoy learning about such as Religious Worldviews.  I want to talk about one of my projects which I am really proud of doing.  This project is my Explain Everything Worldview project.  For this project I talked about my Catholic worldview and how it has changed my life from a young age.  We had to do many different drafts and on the final draft you can see that I put a lot of work into it. Next time, I want to not procrastinate in order to take the time I need to do my best work.  From doing this project I have learned a lot about myself.  I learned that if I work hard enough I can do great work.

Maker – In maker, I have had a great time learning about photography.  From the beginning of the school year we learned about photography, different perspectives to take photos, and editing photos.  I think that I did very well understanding all of the different photo perspectives that you can take.  I want to improve my photography skilsl by taking more photos when I’m on vacation and trying to edit them to look even better.

Scimatics – In scimatics, I have done well with mathematics.  WIth all the work I have done I have learned a lot of new skill and techniques to advance my learning in mathematics.  Even thought I took a math tutor in the summer to get ahead and advance, I am still learning new things in math every class.  For example, on one question, I had to divide a whole number into a fraction.  I learned that you have to turn the whole number into a fraction.  I think that in math I’m very good at doing math quickly in my head.  One skills in mathematics I think I need to work on is neatness.  Here is a photo of some math I have done.

PGP – In PGP, I have done well making goals and sticking to them.  One goal that I want to talk about is my goal to stop procrastinating.  I thought of this goal because at the beginning of plp there were some times I was struggling with the work load and left all my work until the last day.  My plan is to do a bit of work everyday and to set time blocks for praying games and doing work.  So far I have been sticking to this goal and getting all of my work done on time.  I am very proud of myself and plan to stick to this habit.  Below is a picture of my goal ladder and my play to stop procrastinating.  For the remainder of the year, a goal I want to set for myself is to answer more questions in class.

To conclude this discussion, my question for my parents and teachers is what are some study habits that you think I should develop for PLP?

7 MINS To Present

5 MINS For questions

12 MINS Total