Hey people, in this blog post, I’m going to be talking about PGP (Personal Growth Plan) and my time machine project.   The time machine project was a project where we had to choose a habit from our book “The 7 Habits For Highly Effective Teens” and choose a way we wanted to teach our past self that habit.  This was also a good project to reflect on what I learned and how I would present it to my younger self if I could.  I thought this project was pretty fun, because I got to learn more about the habit of my choice.  Here’s what I did!

So, for my time machine project, I chose to do the first habit which is being proactive.  Being proactive means to take responsibility for what you do and make sure you get things done.  The way I chose to present this habit is through a comic.  Even though I’m not too good at drawing, I thought it would be a good way to present it to a younger me (Seeing as I would have liked to read a comic).  Making a comic also helped me improve my drawing skills.  I think that my comic could also be a great example for being proactive for my younger family and friends.  They could benefit from reading this comic because they would learn the habit earlier on in life, making their future self get through school easier.  Below you can see the complete version of my comic book on being proactive.  🙂

I have learned so much from doing PGP.  I tried to fit most of it into my comic, but let me tell you a bit more about what I’ve learned.  At the start of PGP, I was procrastinating so much.  This made high school way more tough and stressful.  PGP taught me things that helped me through it.  There were many different lessons that I’ve learned that anyone can do.  Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned!

One important lesson I have learned is how to time block.  Time blocking is basically scheduling things before hand whether its homework or different classes/field studies.  This has helped me through out the high school year to keep track of what I have done and what I need to do.  I tried incorporating that into my comic by showing the reader that time blocking is a big step too being proactive.  Time blocking is something that I will continue to do for the rest of my life!

Another big part of PGP was reading The 7 Habits Book.  This book is where everything started.  It taught me not only how to be proactive, but other habits such as having a Relationship Bank Account, Win-Win, Sharpen The Saw, and so many more fun tips.  All of these habits have some kind of importance for everyone.  Without this book I would have never learned about being proactive.  I think that everyone should read this book and find your own habit that you want to stick to for the future.

I really wish I knew all of this information sooner.  We had no iPad learning in elementary school, but I still could have done all of this time management stuff on my phone.  Looking back I see where all of these habits could have fit in my life.  When I was procrastinating and speeding through my work, the first habit could have helped me.  When I was not eating anything at school and not doing any activities, the seventh habit could have helped.  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and maybe you learned a bit more about being proactive.  👋👏👏