Humanities –

The tempest is a tale written by Shakespeare about the magical wizard Prospero and his daughter Miranda…  The tempest was one of the first Shakespeare plays that I read through.  I feel like watching the plays is very different from reading each word.  I learned about the Shakespearean language and the different words and what they mean.  In the end, I learned about how the tempest can be linked to colonization in New France.

__________________________________________________________________

Maker –

Blue sky was a great learning experience.  It was a project where I could pick an area of interest and make it into a project.  My area of interest was coding.  I started out with an idea of trying to help cedar trees and then made it happen.  I didn’t have much experience with making an app, but I was willing to try.  I started learning until I had a basic understanding of creating an app.  I learned that its tough to make an app for free.  It’s also tough to make an app using a template from a website.  On top of learning how to make an app, I needed to learn a bit more about swift coding.  I already knew some things about coding and using swift, but I’ve never used swift to make an app.  I quickly learned, designed, programmed, and in the end the app came out great.  I learn from this how when you break it all up, coding isn’t that difficult.  On top of learning about app building, I also got the chance to learn about cedar trees.  I learned that they are a sentinel species.

Math –

In math, one of the most useful things I found that i’ve learned was calculating percentages.  Percentages was something I wasn’t too good at in elementary school.  I didn’t really understand how they could help me in the future.  I’ve learned that percents can be useful for many things in everyday life.  They can be used for calculations discounts on certain items.  Another big thing you use percents for is taxes.  I am also getting better at showing my work.  I’ve learned that its easier to do math on two different pages so I can show my work, and write my answers down.

Science –

In Science, I found that the most interesting topic that I learned was about eyes.  We also learned about the different parts of the eye like the lens, retina, the optic nerve and many more.  I learned what each part did like how the retina receives the light from the lens, convert that light into signals, and then sends those signals to the brain.  After we learned all about the parts of the eye, we got to dissect a sheep eye.  Down below are some of the picture from the dissection.  From doing the dissection I realized all the similarity’s from a sheep’s eye to a humans eye.

PGP –

Our most recent assignment in PGP was our time machine assignment.  For our time machine, we had to choose a way to present what we have learned from PGP.  This includes the seven habits book, time blocking, and goal setting.  For my time machine, I chose to display what I learned through a comic.  I chose this because earlier that term, we were studying comic and all the different parts to a comic such as the panels, and the gutter.  I learned that when your starting of drawing a comic, keep it simple, but not sloppy.  In the end, I ended up creating a decent comic.  Down below are some of the pages from my comic.

In the future, I want to learn more about the topics that I’m interested in.  I want to definitely practice my math and science skills and se if I can strengthen them for next year.  I want to continue learning how to code and to see if I can create any more amazing iphone apps.  I also want to try creating something different with the coding skills that i’ve learned.  I hope that I can keep the skills that I have learned now and carry them on throughout the rest of my life.