Some Cool Things About Me

What Makes Something A Classic?

Have you ever thought about what makes something a classic?  There are many things such as literature that people call classics such as Charlottes Web, Romeo, and Juliet, and so many more.  What makes these things fit in the category of a classic.  I’m going to show you what makes something a classic, the different types of classics, and more!

The definition of a classic is something judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its time.  A good example of something like that could be Shakespeares’ play “Romeo and Juliet”.  The story of Romeo and Juliet was written hundreds of years ago and is still well know today.

The Anatomy of a Classic | Summer Classics

What I think makes this story a classic is that it kept its quality over time and is just as enjoyable.  One thing that stands out to me about a classic in terms of literature is no matter how many times you hear it or read it, it’s still just as good.  A classic doesn’t necessarily have to be something that is super old such as Romeo and Juliet, but it should show that has maintained its quality over a certain period of time to be considered a classic.

Also, classics don’t have to be literature.  There is music that some people consider classics, movies that people think are classics, and more.  What’s interesting is that there is a lot of classic literature that has been remade into movies.  Like I said before, a classic really is anything that can maintain its quality over time.

If you want to learn more about what makes something a classic and Shakespeare, you can listen to my most recent podcast episode I’ve released on my podcast.  My co-hosts and I discuss what we think makes something a classic.  The episode is shown below.  Thanks for reading this weekly reflection post!

« »