Creativity & Connection

No life is ever perfect when perfection is the goal.

About Me

Who I am

Me, I am what most people would  call weird, different, out of the ordinary, peculiar, but I take that as a compliment. Who would ever want to be normal when you could be so much more?!

Artistry

I believe that it is possible to take artistry everywhere, even at the most boring desk job. After all artistry is simply expression, and all situations bring emotion and meaning to express. All you have to do is have enough courage and creativity to express it. Even if nobody’s listening.

Music

Music has so many dimensions, so much emotion, a story behind each song, a meaning. Nothing I do is meaningless, there is always emotion that drives me,  and I am never simple, making me a lot like music. I was raised with music, in my flesh and bones, from queen, to Bowie, to Coldplay, Arcade Fire, to Amy Whinehouse, imagine dragons, to James Brown, Elbow,  Sade, and Antonio Carlos Jobim. In me, music fills the air in my lungs, Music is one of the most powerful form of expression there is.

People

The people that surround me shape me to be my best. My friends, class mates, teachers, my mom, my brother, my sister, cousins, aunts and uncles, grand parents. Even random people on the street who smile and wave can light up the day. I can learn from their mistakes, be influenced by them, and influence them in the best ways I can. Although all of these amazing people, my goal is to be my own inspiration above all others influencing. So that I can stay unique and different, so that I can be me.

Balance

I believe there are no faults, because every fault is as equally powerful a strength. “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction”. I am a perfectionist, that can often be a disadvantage, as I tend to doubt myself, but I always will do my absolute best, and push myself to do the best that I possibly can, and my persistence makes sure that I won’t give up. Equally persistence can be annoying and get in the way because it can quickly turn to stubbornness.

As much as there are no faults, I believe that you should strive to better yourself. Be confident, be honest, be empathetic, be proud and most of all,  be you, own it. The first step to being the best you, is accepting that you cannot and should not be perfect. Accept your faults, acknowledge your strengths, and try to find a balance between your attributes.

Last year I jumped into a new and exciting journey, the world of the Performance Learning Program – it’s an amazing challenge, one that I will enjoy and push myself to get better in, for as long as I am allowed.

2 Comments

Add yours

1. Hi, Anika!
    I like Antonio Carlos Jobim, like you! Do you have a favorite piece by him?

• Yes I do! I first found his music from “the girl from ipanema” and it’s still my favourite of his. I’m not a big fan of the lyrical message but I’m not a person who listens to the lyrics anyway. What is your favourite piece by him? Do you have any music recommendations for me?