The Quibbler - Ariane’s Blog

“You’re a wizard, Ari.”

Why it’s worth giving a *bleep* about politics

I never really cared much about politics. In the media, I’ve always thought there was a lot of conflict and strong emotions surrounding different political issues and how they’re handled. Even though I’m personally invested in some political issues more… Continue Reading →

The Longest 20 Seconds of My Life

I was never a particularly good public speaker. And, going into our debate project, I knew that public speaking would be inevitable. I think the reason why public speaking has always scared me is because I have always felt that… Continue Reading →

The Manhattan Project

How did the development of the atomic bomb change the world? The Manhattan Project was one of those topics that I knew I would eventually learn about in PLP. It was one of those things that you’d always see older… Continue Reading →

🗡️Mightier than the Sword

I did not know what I was getting into when I first applied to join PLP (Performance Learning Program) in 2020. At the time, my two childhood best friends (Ava and Sabrina) were both interested in applying, so I decided… Continue Reading →

✍️My Letter to a Grade 8

Hello! I’m Ariane and (if you have yet to stalk my blog,) I’m in PLP 11. For our first project of the year, our cohort used rhetorical analysis and practiced academic writing in order to write an individual piece of… Continue Reading →

💼 Marketing Me

Ah, yes. We finally reached that part of Personal Growth Plan. This course has been a very harsh reality check for me. Budgeting. Career plans. Resumes. Job interviews.     Eugh. (Growing up sucks, time to move to Neverland and live… Continue Reading →

🪖 Save Juno Beach

Whenever I start a blog post, I feel an overwhelming amount of pressure for it to be unique, captivating, and thoughtful. Then I realize that these impossibly high standards I set for myself combined with burn out are preventing me… Continue Reading →

🌲Power of Empty Classrooms

🌲How do tourist attractions shape and influence the cultural, economic, psychological, and social experiences of visitors?🌲 We started this semester by being introduced to Craft, a powerful app that could be utilized for note taking (or, as we like to… Continue Reading →

📚Self-Help Book 2: Electric Boogaloo

⚖️How does balance within my life create opportunities?⚖️   If you’re wondering how well this project went for me, let me sum it up for you in one sentence:   I am incapable of standing on one leg for an… Continue Reading →

🎥 Manifesting My Inner Social Media Influencer 💅 ✨

“I wish I had known about this project four months in advance so I could have gotten addicted to social media.” – is a sentence I never thought would leave my mouth. However, if PLP has taught me anything, it’s… Continue Reading →

« Older posts

© 2024 The Quibbler – Ariane’s Blog — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑