For “Day 4” of the Student Blogging Challenge, we were instructed to use a copyright free photo and explain how it connects to an aspect of our worldview. As shown in the visual I have made, there are several aspects of worldview. For this post, I have chosen to represent knowledge.

I decided to represent that aspect of my worldview through this portrait I have drawn of my French teacher from the previous quarter.

This drawing connects to knowledge, because whilst attending those classes, I had learned a lot about the French language and differences in culture compared to our own.

She has impacted my worldview because in the past, I never really enjoyed learning French because I faced difficulties staying engaged in the lesson. However, this teacher’s “teaching style” was much different from what I was used to, and I feel that it really changed my perspective on learning about languages and culture. Her method of teaching was more interactive as opposed to the standard “lecture and note-taking” method of teaching; for which I am grateful for. I feel that because of that, I have learned a lot more than I have in the past during French classes.

Related post: What is Dear Evan Hansen?