Hello there! For Day 6 of the Student Blogging Challenge 2021, our class was required to write about three music related topics inside a blog post. Music is everywhere. It’s a universal and important part of culture that people around the globe can listen and connect to, including myself.

I have made a Google Forms Survey regarding the topic of music. I’m interested in listening to your music choices, so be sure to fill it out!

Also, as I am a clarinetist, I have decided to write about the instrument itself.

The clarinet is a musical instrument that is part of the woodwind family. Although there are many types of clarinets, such as the A clarinet, Alto clarinet, and Bass clarinet; I, along with most beginners, play the B-Flat clarinet.

The B-Flat clarinet is one of the most commonly used clarinets. This instrument is often used in different types of music, such as classical and concert band. However, since this is also one of the soprano clarinets, it can also be used in jazz and swing music.

There are 5 main parts of this clarinet.

At the very left side of this photo, there is the mouthpiece. At the top, is the lower part of the instrument’s body. At the bottom, is the upper part of the body. In the middle is the barrel, and at the very right is the bell.

Earlier this week, I have also compiled a playlist filled with my favourite songs, which you can find here.

Thanks for reading!