Dear Internet,

Recently, I have participated in Take Our Kids to Work Day (TOKTWD). I have the greatest pleasure to announce that it was the most mentally exhausting experience of my life. You know that expression about falling asleep the moment your head hits the pillow? Yeah, that was me, not even half an hour after arriving back home. I am convinced the only way I didn’t fall asleep throughout the day was caffeinated tea.

This is coming from someone who normally has the hardest time going to bed. Who knew TOKTWD was enough to bore me asleep, quite literally and figuratively?

Prior to The Big Day™, I created a checklist using Things, an application we use in PLP. Although we were instructed to use a storytelling diagram to map out our day, I had decided this method would work better for myself. In reality, I’m an organization freak when it comes to my homework, and using Things surges pure joy throughout the embodiment of my soul.

Anywho, I shadowed Rose – my mom’s friend – during a regular work day. Rose is a facilities coordinator at a corporate business. The company she works for is basically a landlord… except for offices. Rose coordinates between tenants and the company, and takes care of communications as well as organizing meeting rooms.

You can watch video evidence of my suffering here:

As always, thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Me Ariane