โœฐ๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ดโœฐ

How are like terms combined, and how do we apply them to different situations? These are some of the questions that were asked during our like terms project. The task was to create something that polynomials can be applied to. Iโ€™m here to tell you what I learned and the competencies that go with that.

• Project Plan

Understanding and Solving:

This competency is about how we showed our understanding on the big idea. We solved problems on polynomials and used correct equations to do this. I think that I did well with this competency. First, I demonstrated this in our presentation where we used a correct polynomial equation. I also showed my understanding in the unit test where we answered multiple choice questions. Overall I think I achieved this competency as I understand the topic.

Equation used in presentation

Communication and Representing:

In this competency we presented a mathematical idea through the form of a keynote presentation. It was a detailed presentation with an interactive simulation ย feature. We could have practiced more and been more prepared but we were clear and enthusiastic. In the presentation we also used correct vocabulary for the project, words like coefficient and variable. I believe that I met the needs of this competency.

Connecting and Reflecting:

We connected the subject of polynomials and like terms to something weโ€™re interested in. My group decided on creating a system that uses polynomials. By doing this we are connecting a mathematical idea into an idea where we have to use polynomials. This was an original and creative idea which is what this competency is all about.

Applying and Innovating:

Working in a group and collaborating is what we learn from this. I worked in a group with Holly and Ciara where we had to work together. We had to use our class time effectively and communicate.ย 

Youโ€™ve reached the end of this post

– Asha