โœฐ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จโœฐ

โ€œThank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and weaknesses. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.โ€Wow, it is so crazy to think that I am going into grade ten next year. Ive almost completed two years of high school, this one feeling just as unknown and exciting as the first with it being my first year in PLP. This first year has taught me so much and Iโ€™ve grown so much that my perspective on learning has really changed. I feel ready to learn more, apply what Iโ€™ve already learned and continue to grow as a learner. Iโ€™m here to talk about the future, at least thats what I thought of when I read the driving question, why do I feel ready to advance to the next grade level?

To begin looking at my future though, I have to reflect. The first place I want to reflect in is my mPOL from earlier this year. In that presentation I made goals that I planned to achieve by the end of the year, which I cant believe is now. Here I sum up what I mentioned in my mPOL:

So now that itโ€™s the end of the year, the question is have I reached these goals? Yes… and no? Allow me to explain. mPOLs was an opportunity to explore ways I could improve as a learner. I made sure that I got the most of this opportunity by thinking about it even after the assignment was over. When I said I would reach these goals I meant it and made sure to apply what I learned from mPOLs to all my learning after. Iโ€™m always going into project with a mindset that prevents me from procrastination and Iโ€™ve been doing various things to stay organized and plan. One example of this is taking notes. Before my mid year presentation of learning I rarely took meaningful notes that I would go back to. Fast forward to now and itโ€™s one of the main ways I research and plan things out.

Some big changes however, have been made since pretty much all of my learning has been moved to an online format. I was lucky to have already been doing my school work with digital platforms when corona virus brought remote learning. When I was creating my mPOL there was no way I could have imagined how school is today. I believe itโ€™s brought some struggles that effect my ability to stay true to my mPOL goals. I have definitely put extra focus on staying organized with notes and making a schedule lately. Itโ€™s not quite the same with my other goal. I am a lot less motivated and because of that I notice myself procrastinating more. The effects of procrastinating though are not worth it and I see myself next year in grade ten looking back on now as encouragment to be focused and not procrastinate.

That was kind of your season one recap on presentations of learning, lets continue.ย This first year of PLP brought projects from different subjects. Humanities, maker, math and science. During these classes I developed work ethic and good and bad habits for learning. This showed my strengths along with areas for improvement. I want show you examples of this to help answer the driving question.

Teamwork

Iโ€™ve had so many opportunities to work with groups this year in projects like Destination Imagination and RUN! Creating something with a team provided me with different ideas and perspectives I wouldnโ€™t otherwise have thought about. DI is an amazing example of this, especially this year ( Iโ€™ll get to that part in a minute). Our group, Hype Soup had to work together to solve our challenge. We used each others strengths and differences to an advantage like how I helped out with the artistic components of the challenge and Anders and Angelo used there musical talent to make the project better. If you thought thats as far as our teamwork would go, thats not the case. Towards the end of the project we had to transform our presentation for a physical audience into a digital one. Even on zoom were a great team. This extra challenge really tested my teamwork skills and it worked out in the end showing my abilities in teamwork.

Revision

Often I wont get things perfect on the first try, which is totally fine because revision allows me to bring an assignment to its full potential. I recently revised my Great War book topic pages where I told stories from WWI. I added some things that were missing and used feedback. This displays my ability to revise, especially when given feedback.

Work Ethic

In scimatics I keep a pretty strong work ethic. I like to think I do in all subjects but I mention scimatics because of the nature of math and science. Basically you often know what to expect when your dealing with numbers and formulas. The project I want to use as an example for this is chemistry stories, where I turned elements into characters to show how they bond. At first I was confused and unmotivated for this project, but I knew that if I worked hard to understand and found ways to get interested in the project then I would do well. Thatโ€™s exactly what happened and it made me realize that working hard even if you arenโ€™t motivated is worth it.

To fully answer the question โ€œwhy am I ready to go on to the next grade?โ€, here is what Iโ€™ll say. This has been a crazy year full of new experiences. Midway through the year I made a goal and stayed focused on achieving that goal up to today. Iโ€™ve faced challenges but also developed new skills. I have been able to display these skills through projects and reflection this year. Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m ready, because I am prepared with the skills I need and prepared to learn and grow as a student.

Thanks for reading or listening to my tPOL!

See ya next year,

-Asha