Reflection Time

If you have gotten to this part of the post, you probably have listened to the recording above (if you havenโ€™t, itโ€™s the introduction to this post so you should!). Like I said there, for this weekly reflection I decided to record some of it. This was a way to get some extra practice and be more used to recording my voice. Iโ€™ve already gotten better at this. I remember when I applied for PLP, one of the things I had to do was make a voice recording describing a painting. I pressed record and was ready to speak but I couldnโ€™t. Eventually I had created a very monotone and emotionless recording but my point is today I can press record and start speaking right away. I still need to improve however, on things like controlling my voice and pronunciation, thatโ€™s why I practiced!

This week the podcast episode Iโ€™m making started taking shape, with outlines and scripts. My first outline was not very detailed but now I have a finalized script that I will take with me into the process of recording the episode.

I feel like so far I used the most text features in my script than any other part. I used things like bolded words, time stamps, and showed where music would go. I was a bit confused about text features but feel like I understand them now.

This week I felt like I was falling a bit behind on work and found myself needing to catch up on work. Of course I donโ€™t like this because I end up creating work that isnโ€™t my best, itโ€™s rushed and Iโ€™m making it to be completed, not something Iโ€™m proud of. I am pretty much caught up now but I say this because I will need to avoid that happening next week. Especially because next week is when I will be creating the actual episode.

Also this week, grading contracts were updated. This means that everything so far from the greatest Canadian project has been applied to the grading contract. It definitely made me start understanding how it will be for the rest of the year and what I will need to do so that I am happy with my grading contract.

Overall this week I learned that I need to stay on top of my work especially for the grading contract. I also gained better understandings for the ideas involving the current project.

-Asha