Weekly Reflection

Another weekly reflection! After a few weeks of doing these posts Iโ€™ve started figuring out what to put in them. Itโ€™s not supposed to be a couple paragraphs about what I did that week. I think itโ€™s supposed to be about my thought process from parts of that week, and a reflection on how I went through that week. Also going deeper into topics that I thought about that week. So I will try to do that today!

The first thing I want to reflect on is something from the end of the week after completing my podcast episode. It was an activity for the English part of our class, reading The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe. I had heard this authors name before obviously because they are very famous, but never read anything he wrote. The story was weird and creepy but I also liked it. Mainly what I liked about it was figuring out the theme as that was the purpose of the activity. I think I learned a bit about theme, mood, tone last year but didnโ€™t fully understand it. This week after doing this activity I understand it better.

Second I want to talk about critique. This year so far there has been a lot of critique involved, specifically peer critique. I think itโ€™s really helpful to have other opinions and notes on what I need to improve when I go to revise. Sometimes there is good feedback that is specific but other times it can be not specific enough. After several critiques, including one this week one work in progress podcast episodes I think I know some things that make a good critique:

Iโ€™ve mentioned my podcast episode a few times but I will talk more about it now before I finish this post. The main part of this week was the completion of a podcast episode. My first episode to be more specific so I definitely learned a lot about what to do and what not to do next time. I feel I will be more familiar with making a podcast next project when I make another episode.

Thats my reflection for this week. At the beginning I talked about what I need in a weekly reflection and I attempted to do that. I can definitely be more detailed in the future so I am excited to improve at reflecting.

-Asha