Hello there! If you haven’t guessed it yet, I’m back with another student blogging challenge! Today’s challenge is free choice, meaning that I can blog about something I’m interested in. 

Luckily for you guys, I’m restraining myself from ranting about Star Wars today-

Anyways, I’m going to write a very short story based on a random writing prompt I found on Pinterest (and no, I’m not using emojis for this one 😉)

Enjoy!

She never imagined that she would wake up. Not after this.

Her eyes opened to be welcomed by a blur of pink and pastel blue. Rubbing her eyes, she blinked as she explored her surroundings.

A rather small lava lamp laid on an antique bedside table, the bed itself had sheets that were a beautiful scarlet red. There was a teddy bear leaning against the pillow, it’s dark eyes lifelessly staring straight at her.

Teddy bears with such dark lifeless eyes were unnerving to her now, she could never understand how she used to play them as a child.

The distinct scent of childhood memories lingered around the room. She twirled around to see many dolls and princess dresses scattered across the floor, her eyes focusing on the mirror hanging on the wall.

She slowly walked towards it, expecting to see her reflection in the mirror. Instead, there’s absolutely nothing… as if she were erased from reality itself.

Was this some twisted version of hell? Punishment for the sinners?

She had died. She felt herself slip away.

This all felt wrong… so horribly wrong.

…Then why did she feel so alive… Certainly more alive than ever before. She felt the cold morning breeze softly whistle from the window, and the pressure of her hands clutched into fists.

She heard a music box happily playing nursery rhymes at the top of a wooden shelf. For once in her life, she felt in tune with her emotions… she understood herself.

She nearly jumped when she saw a little girl, who was happily smiling with a rose pink dress, appear in the reflection of the mirror.

“Won’t you join us?”

She was startled, fear tinged her expressions as she turned around. She asked, “You… you can see me?”

“Of course I can!” The little girl responded like it was a well known fact, “Why shouldn’t I? We’ve been planning this for ages….”

“Uh… Okay,” She stuttered, combing her fingers through her hair.

After a sip of tea from an “invisible cup” a realization dawned on her with the strangest bit of acceptance.

She was this girl’s imaginary friend.

And everything was going to be fine.

Thank you guys so much for reading this VERY SHORT story (I rushed the ending a bit, sorry!)

What do you think will happen next? Feel free to rant about your theories in the comment section!