Do I have a growth mindset?

Ah

Welcome back my friends.

I would like to present a book to you. This book is about something called a growth mindset.

I have been keeping a reflection journal as we learned about growth mindsets in class. I hope that you take a quick look through my book because I have been working pretty hard on it. Here it is;

The next part of this project is creating a statement/goal for my growth mindset. This statement will go along with a selfie of my face. MY FACE 😬. I think that the thought of a selfie of my face being in the class is a whole other challenge that I need to tackle  with a growth mindset. But what’s done is done and I know that I will move on from the embarrassment.

My statement for the selfie is “When I receive criticism, I will review my work with an open mindset and apply specific revisions so that I can feel more confident taking on academic risks when I know that I can deal with having a First Attempt In Learning.”. Now if you read my journal, you would know that I talk a lot about my fixed mindset on academic failure.

Page from my book

That photo is a page from my book where I went in-depth about my mindset on academics, achievement and failure. On the next page I talk about three things that I will try to do to change my fixed mindset into a growth mindset, and my selfie statement is basically trying to do the same thing.

My selfie w/ statement

I believe that this growth mindset challenge will be something that I have to work on for the rest of eternity and I challenge YOU to do the same. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and it would be awesome if you could leave a comment about something that you have a fixed mindset about that you want to change.

As always, Brooke.

2 thoughts on “Do I have a growth mindset?”

1. Very courageous Brooke! Isn’t is difficult to admit when we feel vulnerable? About risks, remember that no one succeeds all the time no matter how hard we try. Life will always be full of disappointments, some little and regrettably, we will make big ones too. We don’t often talk about that. You’ve heard “just do your best” not too add pressure (albeit that is often the result) ughh but to prevent the woulda shoulda coulda dilemma if you don’t get the results you want.. if you put a good effort forward then don’t look back, just try again. 🥰

2. Could not agree more with the above comment! Good for you for admitting the vulnerabilities and embracing them.