Destination Procrastination

A blog for kids who can’t read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Alberta Post

Hi everyone! Today I will be talking about our Alberta trip. Every year in PLP we go on a field study for a week or so. This year we drove though the Rocky Mountains to Calgary. It was a really fun trip with a lot of things to do and see. Just the drive was amazing. 

Our driving question for this trip was: How does the land shape our identity? 

On an early September morning, we were off. 

The first day was mostly traveling. At the end of the day we arrived at the ghost town. It was a really cool place that was a full town that you could walk around in. We had to make a video in the ghost town in the style of a silent movie. It is one of my favourite videos we made on the trip.

The next morning we left the ghost town and continued driving toward Alberta.  We stopped at a wolf sanctuary that was very interesting and was filed with information! And of course the best part was the wolves that we could watch. This is a video of the wolves:

After the wolves we continued on and arrived in Lake Louise, which is known as one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. I could see why and my pictures don’t do it justice. We visited many lakes in Alberta and I really enjoyed all of them. There are more to come…. 

Our next stop was Moraine Lake, another beautiful lake. Just the drive to the lake was breath taking. My friend Luciano and I went on a hike to a few areas around the lake to take pictures and videos.   

After our lake tours, we went to the sky walk and did a glacier tour. Both were really cool. The sky walk had a lot of information. The view was amazing standing on a sheet of glass looking down and seeing the ground. It’s like you’re floating. That night we arrived in Calgary, which is a very nice looking city. We did a lot of things in Calgary. We visited the Calgary zoo and got to see the pandas, checked out some dinosaurs in the Badlands, and went to the Royal Tyrell Museum. Each day we went to a science exhibition called Beakerhead. There were lots of cool projects and things we saw, like the one in the video below suspended between two buildings. 

Beakerhead lasts for several days and the final night, Beakernight, is a big celebration and invention show off. I took this video from the top of a bus that was on display.

That was our last night in Calgary. The next day was mostly driving as we made our way back to BC. We did a fun stop at a Buffalo farm with a really cool guy named Leo. Leo had done a lot of interesting things in his life. When he was young, he learned how to live off the land. He is a song writer too, and he also wrote a few books. All in all, it was a amazing trip and I learned a lot from it. Thank you for reading and I’m going to close with a short video of buffalo feeding. Enjoy. 

calebe • November 13, 2018