Categories
Uncategorized

FUN WITH MENTOR

first of all this picture is me and as you see on the back of the shirt it’s James Harden.

This photo shows me as being  James harden and that’s a mentor for me in basketball that’s why I am doing this post about him.

I created this photo by setting up my iPad on a low angle to get the whole shot of my body and I made sure I incorporated a basketball to show you that James harden is a professional basketball player.

the story for this photo is why I like James harden and why he inspires me here are some things.

One thing that I am inspired by is his relentless drive to win and to be the best.

Another thing is his basketball ability I always want to copy his moves but there very difficult that’s why whenever I go to train basketball I always try out his signatures.

The third and last thing that inspires me is how he always improved every year his family and his coaches said and not just a little but a lot.

Thanks CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

7 Things You Don’t Know (Messi)

Like you expected I am going to be doing a post about one of my mentors and 7 things you didn’t know about him.

His name is Lionel Messi

A professional soccer player

1. Messi was not supported by his family for soccer it was his grandma Celia that got him to where he is by taking him to games and talking to the coaches when he was disrespected for his size. His grandma Celia died in 1998.

2. He had a growth defect at 11 years old which bothered him lots because coaches said he was too small and he proved them wrong by showing off his skills.

3. Barcelona his first professional club signed him in 2003 and they were so desperate to sign him from the academy in Barcelona. The Barcelona president saw him when he was eating dinner and grabbed a napkin and got messi to sign a contract on a napkin.

3. When he signed for Barcelona he was guaranteed medical care on his growth defect as part of the contract.

4. Messi scored the most goals in a calendar year. By scoring 91 goals.

5. Messi married his childhood crush. Here is the story; when he signed for Barca he then went back to his home town to share the news in Rosario, Argentina but, while doing that he picked up his childhood crush Antonella Roccuzzo from a laundry place in poverty where her mothers business was. He then ended up marrying her in 2017.

6.Messi’s father, Jorge, was a steelworker and coach of the local youth football team that messi played for in his younger years.

7. Messi has won 10 Spanish league trophies

8 spanish super cup trophies

6 Copa del rays

4 champions leagues

3 FIFA club World Cup

3 UEFA super cups

1 Copa America

Including 7 best of they year player awards which is the most ever

He was the winner this year!

Thanks CameronBR

Expect more!

Categories
Uncategorized

Mentorship athlete marathon

For the next couple of weeks I will be posting blogs daily to you about sport athletes so be ready for the detailed adventures of famous athletes. I got into sports and learning about athletes because I have a lot of mentors from many different sports for example Lionel Messi for soccer.

LeBron James for basketball.

I am fascinated about other peoples journeys ( Famous Athletes ) because its cool to know where they came from what support they had and what drove them to become what they are. Also, I like to hear they’re ups and downs and how they got to there accomplishment and how they overcame a challenge.

Thanks CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

The Tableauing Outsiders Reflection

Hello, everyone this post is going to be about my reflection on our winter exhibition the theme was The Outsiders a 60’s novel and a 80’s movie.

This project started of by looking at the project path, here is our project path.

🚀  Project Launch

• Define Worldview

💡  Building Knowledge

• Define theme  Understand characterization
  • Begin to fill in Plot Diagram
  • Develop personal Worldview Diagram

🔁  Develop and Critique

• Connect to themes of identity, heroism, innocence, family and crisis
  • Connect with a character in the book
  • Identify Worldview elements present in the book

📢  Present and Reflect

• Determine key themes and aspects of Worldview present in the Outsiders

Choose ways to physically and visually display elements of Worldview for a live audience.         

Our success criteria for this project was:

Learners will be able to articulate how literature can teach us more about ourselves and the world around us.

The first real assignment we had was our worldview entry write. 

The reason we did this is to really get the concept of worldview and reflect ion our feelings and our worldview to get the task.

The second assignment we had was a worldview MindNode where we gave examples of our world view ion the sevens aspects of worldview 

Here are the seven aspects. And the Driving question. 

After we knew what worldview was we moved on to the S.E. Hinton novel The Outsiders that’s when we started the journey to the exhibition.

We started having book chat conversations where we reflected on the chapters we read and we would ask questions and that went on until we finished the book. Then after we finished the book that’s when we got down to business. We did a character deck which means basically a deck of the outsiders characters and there role and personality here its is’

After the character deck it was the you vs who which was similar to the character deck but we basically picked one character and talk about how character shaped his world we used two aspects of worldview and you had to mix out with a word similar to the type of worldview. Here is my work.

Now after that we approached to make a group movie trailer and that’s when they announced our groups for the final project  my group was Hayden Evangeline Caitlin Max Makai 

After that was settled we started building ideas of what the I movie would look like and we called it the out breakers and it was about anti maskers and protesters  it was based off the outsiders in 2021. Here are the results 

After we finished the group trailer we got down to learning how to make a poster so we started off with making an individual poster here are my results 

Not bad hey!

We then started on making a Group movie poster and here are the attempts and the final one!

• Bad copy
  • GOOD COPY

we then started our tableau final script which you can see on Evangeline’s post I.E. my group member.

THEN IT WAS TIME!

It was time for the big show to show our knowledge about worldview and our tableau skills we started preparing all the props and started practicing our lines. We then were getting dressed to be our characters I was Paul the socs.

Here are some of our photos we took of us in action tab the winter exhibition and of us setting up our scene.

I can answer the driving question now the thing the outsiders can teach us about worldview is always be proud of what you are so values and always try to do your best fort your friends and family responsibility and love.

Thanks CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

Maker Project 2 Final Blog

All in all for this project I’ve learned two things the magic of the pencil and the imagination and emotion of taking photos. This Project was about constructive creative communication and that’s what I have learned with Carr ( magic of the pencil ) and Hergzog ( imagination and emotion of taking photos ).

I got Carr first it helped me with my creative communication because I learned how to do sketch notes which expressed my thoughts and creativity and I think that is a useful way to talk to people in a creative way. For Hergzog a big one was the animated GIF because it basically a photo video but, you can show objects etc. move around to show your ideas which in my opinion is very creative and communicative.

Hergzog and Carr overall made me feel great about not being afraid to show your ideas in different ways which is something I needed to know.

My overall Reflection on this project is to stay positive through your ideas and be creative, also write, draw, sketch, and take photos with creativity to show who you are and what you are and what your ideas are…

Please check out the media for these project at: Carr

And Hergzog

Thanks CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

Maker Project (2) Hergzog

Hello, everyone this blog post will be about a project I have been learning about for the past few weeks. The concept for this project was to take a photo that tells a story and that shows a creative way to communicate. Here is some media about it!

The first thing we learned is composing composition.

The thing I learned with composing composition I learned that angles can make things 10 times better and that you don’t want a person to be standing in the middle of a photo unless its a picture like the one of my friend Tom down the lane in the 2 picture.

The next assignment was adjusting angles. This assignment was about a evolution of yourself with photos here is mine.

I learned that angles can make a big difference in your photos and that angles can tell story’s.

For our next task we did a project what is called manufacturing mood. The task was to take a photo that represents the mood but, in class before we could go take our shots my teacher Mrs. Willemse gave us a mood and I got content here are the results.

I learned that it is easy to express emotions in your photos.

The next task was to make a collage of photos and make your name out of objects in the real world I chose my nickname by the way I also put the photo collage as a post so you can just check it out now press the red link 👉 Collage

Here they are anyways

I learned that lots of photos can represent who you are and I learned how to collage 😉.

last but not least we ended off with a animate GIF here it is

Thanks for listening Bye!

CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

COLLAGE

MY PICTURE COLLAGE

I am interested in nature activities like hunting, fishing, hiking, I also love going for walks with my dog. My favourite sport Is soccer as you see. And the person next to me in the instant alpha is one of my good friends and that’s something I’m proud of!

I learned how to collage because in class we learned the definition and then got some examples of how to make photos nice and really pop out and that’s how I learned top make a collage!

Thanks, CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

Maker Project 2 (Carr)

For the past two weeks, I was learning about the power of the Apple Pencil and believe me its powerful. While we were working, I also got to learn about why our class is called Carr. The reason is because there is famous artist/graphic designer named Emily Carr! Here are some of here paintings:

• Most famous one!

Fun fact about Emily Carr. Her paintings sell for an average of, 2.16 million dollars.

I want to show you how creative communication is included in my drawings with the Apple Pencil. Creative communication is the core competency for this project by the way. The first thing I learned was how powerful and insightful a sketch note is. We watched a ted ed video basically explaining why kids should doodle and while we were watching the video we were writing and drawing a sketch note, so here it is! I learned that sketch notes are a good thing for creative communication because they express more feeling and ideas and they give you different point of views for whoever you’re working with!

This one doesn’t really show why it helps with creative communication but it is my personal favourite 3d shading, for this project we took a picture of a coffee cup and drew the coffee cup in 3d and copied the same shade it had in the picture. Here are the results.

The second example of creative communication in Carr was the assignment perspective landscape, in this assignment we drew a landscape that has shades and lots of different angles and stuff. Here is an example.

So basically there is a point where everything disappears that is called the breaking point so basically you start off with a do in the middle of the page and that where the end of your road or sunset or water line is.

Here is my example of it.

As you can see, it is a staircase going down to a hallway and the end of the stairs is where my breaking point is. This helps with creative communication because it gives people a different and more realistic example of anything your trying to explain.

The last example is a cool one as it represents creative communication because it shows my interests and my moral. For example, if it’s confetti colours it means I am fun or if its blue it means cool or, calm. Thanks to the graphic designer who helped us out, Chloe Devine she was a great help to make us understand the method of how you make an original logo. Here is a KWL chart that I wrote about her.

Know, Wonder, Learn – Chloe Devine Edition

Here is my personal brand/logo!

LOGO FOR MOJO

Thanks, CameronBR

Categories
Uncategorized

Tectonic Chances (Board Game)

Hello Friends!

For the past month and a half our class has been learning about the theory of tectonic plates. Everyone I have talked to in my class has learned so much in this unit, they knew almost nothing from the start and now they have mastered the theory.

After we had learned enough about tectonic plates and the theory of them we started on a new milestone make you’re on game on tectonic plates first it started off with our game rules. By the way I switched groups after the first two milestones but go check out there blogs at

Makai

Magnus

Here is the game rules first attempt Milestone one

For milestone two we did science vocabulary choices where we chose ten words about the theory of tectonic plates and natural disasters for example Tsunami, Earthquake, and subduction etc.

Milestone 2

On milestone we did khan quizzes where I learned more about natural disasters more specifically volcanoes and earthquakes this milestone was great because it was advanced questions that made me think and learn. So this milestones was very helpful for the game. Here is what I got on the two quizzes.

Milestone four final game rules. My new partner for this project is Keenan

Here is our Game rules! That will show probability in the game!

Rule Book

Now, the moment you all been waiting for the final milestone the final product. ⬇️

Here is my mind node that we did at the start of the project. But, we added some stuff at the end.

Core Competencies

Core competency #1  Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence

I think I demonstrated a solid understanding of the theory of tectonic plates. I showed evidence by making a game about it. But, something I can work on is showing more evidence physically and mentally.

Core competency #2

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest

I demonstrated a interest & curiosity for this project by engaging in the class discussions and by using my time efficiently.

Core competency #3

Understanding and solving: Develop, demonstrate, and apply mathematical understanding through play, inquiry, and problem solving.

I demonstrated a understanding of probability in the game by writing down the probability in the game rules and by using it in the game.

Categories
Uncategorized

Learning Portfolio

The Driving Question For This Project was :

How do I build & strengthen the PLP learning team?

Hi welcome to my blog I will be talking about my most recent Project that I have finished 🏁

For this project I made a Keynote Guided Tour that I presented in front of my classes parents. It started off by creating our first chapter of our Big Life Journal the first chapter was about our mindset in life. the next task was our second chapter which was about exploring my life and getting know who I really am. We then started on our Memoji Laptop Sticker

and continued on with my Big Life Journal on chapter 3 Dreaming Up Your Life which has all of my dreams and passions in there.  The next part of the process was starting on our I Am’s. For one of the I am’s we did a digital selfie which is a picture that we took outside of our school showing what we love or what we are.

The other I am was a WordPack image that shows what I love and who I am as a person.

We Also finished up our Big Life Journal chapter 4 and 5, chapter 4 was about Dreams To Reality and we had to write out how we can pursue and accomplish those dreams, And then The final chapter was about Key To Success which was talking about how to be successful in life and the challenges that will come with it. In the chapter I had to answer question like When is it a time to quit or the most important resin why you should not quit or give up.

Then next task after that was mostly building knowledge on the biggest project on my Keynote Guided Tour, My Teamwork Page which you can see on my blog which your on right now. This was a very fun and stressful project and I learned, quite a bit about using Keynote and posting on my blog and presenting in front of people. These are key things I took away from this project without a doubt!

Here is my KEYNOTE GUIDED TOUR

Strengths & Stretches

Strength’s:

A strength for me was my confidence and progressing through          the project.

Another strength was my listening and focus on the project I did that by not losing focus and listening in class every time.

A big strength was my talking and presenting in front of an audience which I think stood out in this project.

Stretch’s:

I only had one stretch and that was definitely not finding enough time to do my work.

I can answer the driving question now for this project!

I can strengthen the PLP learning by being organized and responsible and I can also, help my peers to be organized and responsible.