D to the I to the Improv?

It’s another year of Destination Imagination, this year I was the Improv group we actually got to present in person instead of a video. It was a lot more fun but definitely more stressful. Our group Leap Before you Look was a improv team. So what was this years challenge? Well this years challenge was called “Festival Frenzy” here is a list of all the festivals. We could only chose ten the ten we chose are highlighted. Here is a photo of the festivals and the ones that we chose. 

After you pick ten festivals you research these festivals and put them into a festival binder. Then when you go to the tournament you draw one of those ten festivals randomly. You also draw a goal and fork in the road. The goal is something you must accomplish by the end of the festival. The fork in the road is a choice that you draw randomly during a 30 second intermission between act one and act two. You should also not accomplish the goal till act two. 

My group this year was Jocelyn(👈 link), Brooke(👈 link), Ben.Y(👈 link), Noah(👈link), and myself. This time as we did not do it in a video format we had to prepare a lot more. We were fairly disorganized at the start and didn’t really start to put tons of work in until later on. Our festival binder, which is a bunch of papers with information relating to our ten festivals was lacking key information for the most part but we fixed that at the very end. Our team struggled to practice improv as some of our team thought we had no work to do and thus could just mess around. Needless to say the teachers were not very happy with this and after some lectures we got working more. Another thing you need for improv are 10 boxes that will help enhance the skit. 

Some things that went well were. Our performance was pretty good we did not finish our skit however because we ran out of time. But overall it pretty good our team was able to bounce ideas off of each other and we worked very well as a group. 

Things I can work on for next year. I think I can improve on teamwork before presentation day as to start with our group argued a lot. And we wasted class time arguing. Another thing is being less distracted by unimportant things such as having a irrelevant conversation with someone else. 

Dun! Da Na NA!!! The moment you have all been waiting for our DI challenge!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!

So another year of DI done all be back next year with another one for now though thank you. 

Carter=Bloog