Market Me

Hello, welcome back to another blog post. Today we will be talking about a recent PGP project about marketing ourselves, it was all about making resumes, business cards, and finally making a mock interview. So lets start with the resume. 

We started this project with building a resume, I initially struggled with this part because I didn’t have any work experience, eventually I just removed the part about work experience. However we used Canva templates to help us which made it a million times easier. Included in our resume were the standard: summary/objective, soft and hard skills, references, education, and a headshot. Here is my resume, with some stuff blurred out so I don’t dox myself. 

As you can see my resume looks nice and clean, the black scribbles are blurring out some sensitive information. From this step in the project I found that making a resume was hard, because I have to talk about myself, and what I’ve done. 

Next we focused on making clean and simple business cards we were required to make two of them. The two I made were simple, yet effective as I did contrasting colours for each card. I made one dark card and one that had a lighter colour. Once again I’ve blurred out some personal info. 

I found this part surprisingly easy as I usually struggle with design media, and making things look nice. But for whatever reason, maybe because there simple to make. I did by cards and am quite proud of them.

Thirdly, and finally we made a mock interview. With the goal of simulating how a real job interview is supposed to go. My partner for this video was Theryn, we filmed each other as the interviewer and interviewee. 

I think our video went really well, and we had well thought out questions. However we did change Theryn’s interview as it had major camera shake. For the video we had scripted responses to the questions, and we made it as professional as possible. With proper attire, posture, etc. This part taught me a lot about job interviews, and the small little things, like proper posture that matter. Alright thats it for this one. Thanks for reading 

Çarter=Bløg