📸Portraits Learning Project📸

In the past weeks, my class has been focusing on making a picture. This basically means instead of snapping an unfocused, or rushed shot, we take our time, focus, and edit the image properly. We were assigned with a project in which we had to take a variety of different photos using different techniques and methods to make a photo.

1. Portrait 

The first shot was a portrait. We had To take a picture of ourselves that wasn’t a selfie. Here’s mine!

2. Silhouette 

For the second shot we had to take a silhouette. Pretty much we had to direct the lens at a strong light and stand in front of it to outline our shape but not our features.

3. Portrait of Someone Else

For this shot we had to take a photo of someone else, I chose my friend Malaika. 

4. Blast From The Past

The final shot was one taken long ago. We were assigned a blast from the past portrait in which we took a picture of our younger selves and recreated it as best as we could. Below is mine!

Age 6

Age 13 

All of these photos allow me to get a better understanding of what making a photo really means. Portraits teach me how to set up, time, and focus photos. Silhouette photography has taught me and entirely new photography skill, I didn’t even really know hoe to make this type of photo before this. And honestly the blast from the past was fun and helped me to understand how to recreate a photo in any situation.

Ciara ✌️

Ciara