🎄Student Blogging Challenge Week 8: Celebrations & Festivals🎄

My Christmas Traditions

During the holidays, my family gets very busy. With my brothers birthday, my grandpa’s birthday, Christmas shopping, Christmas dinner, secret santa, and Christmas  decorating. For this weeks SBC post I’m talking about a few of my favourite family traditions. 

1. Christmas Eve Movie

Every year for as long as I can remember, I’ve sat down on Christmas Eve and watched The Sound of Music with my family. Honestly I don’t know how this tradition came to be, but to this day I love it. It might seem like your average movie night but there are many things going on behind the scenes ( which makes it even more fun ) to due with the jolly man to come!

2. Christmas Eve “behind the scenes”

As previously mentioned, during the events of the night before Christmas, there is some pretty special stuff going on behind the scenes. Every year since I was little, “santa,” has gone through TWO trips to my house. One on Christmas while we’re asleep, the other on Christmas Eve. “Santa,” comes by and leaves us brand new pyjamas outside on the windowsill.

3. Christmas Cookies

Another pre-Christmas tradition is making Christmas cookies with my aunt. That may sound SUPER cliche, but I promise it’s not. My aunt, a baker, helps my siblings and I make a large variety of choosiest, some iced, sprinkled, or left plain. The end result is usually, a years worth of sweets, a ruined kitchen, and time well spent!

jill111 / Pixabay

If you’ve also noticed, I’ve spiced up my blog for the upcoming holiday that I am clearly super excited for!

Happy Holidays…   Ciara ✌️

Ciara

3 Comments

1. Hi Ciara,

My name is Merry Beau and I am a commenter from the Student Blogging Challenge. Well done on your post on Christmas traditions. I loved reading about them because some of them are the same as mine: e.g. the family movie and the Christmas pyjamas and some of them are different: making cookies with your Aunt sounds like fun. It is good to see what people have in common and how they differ.

I teach children between the ages of 4 and 12 and I am from Ireland. Here is a link to our class blog
    http://merrybeau.edublogs.org/about/
    My class and I have done the student blogging challenge in the past and we learned a lot. I loved the scale of your pictures. They are nice and big and colourful. Just be sure to observe copyright and to say who created each of the images.

If you get a chance you could put up the Student Blogging Challenge badge for 2018. The instructions for doing that are here: http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2018/10/01/badges/

It would be lovely to hear back from you. You could leave a comment on my class blog. Part of the fun of blogging is getting to hear from people all over the world. As Ms. Morris says if you finish your tasks why not visit other student bloggers and leave a comment to say hello. Blogging makes the world a smaller place.

With every good wish from Ireland. Have a great week,
    Merry Beau

• Hi Merry,

Thank you for the comment on my recent post, I really appreciate the feedback. It’s also quite ironic that the first legitimate comment I recieve on my blog is one from Ireland. The Aunt I spoke about in my recent post grew up in county Armagh, my Dad is from Belfast, and pretty much my entire family is Irish. I plan to visit your class’ blog soon and leave a comment there as well. I agree that this challenge has taught me a lot though this is my first year participating.

Once again, thank you for the comment, Ciara 😄✌️

2. Ah … with a name like Ciara, I should have guessed there was an Irish connection.
    Armagh is a lovely part of the world.
    Thanks for your very prompt reply. Much appreciated.
    Blogging makes the world a smaller place for sure.
    Merry Beau