Weekly Reflection: III

Welcome back one and all! Today is the first of November and the past week has been insane! First off, Merry Christmas. I know it’s only November and we’ve still got a while to go but the second Halloween is over I have nothing but Christmas to look forward to as thanksgiving is in OCTOBER! I guess I should say happy Halloween to wrap up spooky season before I start blasting Christmas carols. Anyway now that the holiday craze is out of the way and I’m coming off my sugar high, lets dive in to the past week and what we’re looking forward to in the next one.

SzaboJanos / Pixabay

For that past couple of classes we’ve been tying up and loose ends with any of our lectures from last week. we’re also so so so close to the recording stages of our podcast episodes and I’m so excited for it. I quite like recording because it’s always different with every project. For this one I’m excited to experiment with things like ambient sounds and transitions that might fit my podcast structure. Above all else I’m excited to see where my script and interview go. I finally found an interviewee thanks to Ms. Willemse so it should are place in the next couple of days. For the next couple days as I begin to record I’m working on revising my script as it definitely needs some work. 

On the less academic side of things, my other course for our first quarter is wrapping things up by starting the recording process for our album. My other course is band and we’ve been working on a bunch of new pieces, including tunes from the movie Aladdin and Christmas carols that’ll be ready in time for the holidays! 

JillWellington / Pixabay

Another thing to, well not necessarily look forward to, but still keep an eye on is the upcoming American election. I’m eager to watch the election play out knowing that whoever wins the presidency will impact Canada. While Biden is favoured to win, there are quite a few swing states that I’m keeping an eye on. All I know for certain is that this election is beyond influential on the future of the United States and every American citizen. It’s interesting to watch the election play out because of the many, many people encouraging those eligible to vote, to do so. Celebrities such as Harry Styles and Gigi Hadid are using their platforms to encourage their fanbases to vote and take action to better the country. All in all, the election is in two days and watching it should be very interesting.

Thanks for coming to this weeks Ted Talk!

C

Ciara