The Medium is the Message Summative Post

A more in-depth post of our project visit my                                                                              ‘The Medium is in the Message Reflection Post’

Each project starts with a driving question.

How does what we hear, read, see influences us?

Answering this question took deep thought and reflection.  The answer was under my nose the entire time.  Everything that we worked on in class, would help us answer the driving question. From the milestones, to the stepping stones. To the guest speakers, and the launch journal. All of this would help us come up with a final draft to answer the question.

every little stepping stone helped. Everyone big milestone helped. All of this would eventually help us create our final ad.  Milestone 1,2, 3 helped us identify target audience in ads and helped us analyze historical media. Milestone 4 was a map of our ideas, almost like a search history of our thought process, ideas, and perspectives using drafts and charts. In Milestone 5 we analyzed a university level text and compared it to a book that we read every week called the Gospel According to Larry that had similar messages in both the texts. Milestone 6 was our final product, the result of all of our work. In our north group we all brought our ideas and knowledge from our own individual milestone work and put our heads together to create the best product we could create.

Along the way we also worked on some steppingstones. These were assignments were not as important as the milestones but nevertheless they were important. Some were definitely more meaningful than others. A not as meaningful stepping stones might include a assignment like an exit ticket.  An exit ticket was a small reflection assignment that we had to fill out in a sentence or more. An example of a important stepping stone might be an entire blog post on our blog post site. Most blog posts were sidetracked but still relevant to the project. Sometimes we would take notes on a quest speaker, or take notes on our book. Our individual ads were also posted as a stepping stone. The list could go on forever but all of these assignments were just little branches that hung off of the milestone tree.

Throughout this project, I can already see me growth as a learner. This entire project has changed my worldview on media a d the Medium around me. Each milestone I did I thought was better and better as my knowledge towards media grew. My milestone 1 Welcome home analysis was not up to par with my Learning and understanding, but each milestone got better and better because of the little stepping stones in between. Even though I all got suns, I thought that my prefomace got better and better each time I handed in a milestone.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment