‘Chemistry Coding Summative Blog Post’

Hello Everyone and welcome to another one of my blogs. Today, Ill be talking about our most recent project in Scimatics 8

How Can the Behaviour of Matter Be Explained by the Kinetic Theory and the Atomic theory?

The project started off as usual in any Scimatics project, creating a before mind map of all of our questions and ideas. Much like the NTK’s in humanity’s but in a digital map.

After that we were told that we would be using a coding website that I have used before called Scratch. This website is a simple to use coding website that makes coding super easy by using building blocks instead of typed scripts.

Firstly we needed to learn about the kinetic molecular theory the behaviour of matter. So we worked on a lot of worksheets and it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Next up we had to create our models for our simulation/game. We had just recently learned about all of the atomic models like Dalton, Rutherford and Thomson. These would be the three models that I would decide to put into my. Game. I decided to make a game because I thought that it would be more enjoyed by people instead of making some lame simulator. People should have fun with the game.

Once my models were approved, I moved on to creating my game. I had used scratch a lot in the past,  before PLP but it had been so long, I had forgot how it worked. I focused a lot on the little things so much, like display and transitions that I forgot some key aspects like states of matter. In the end I was able to make a pretty cool game by pulling some last minute features like power ups and stuff into the game. I’m not going to bore you with explaining how the game works, but instead, why don’t I just show you:

I Encoutered a lot of glitches and almost didn’t finish on time but it turned out fine in the end.

Competencies 

Questioning and predicting

This Competency is about focusing in class at all time and using all class time efficiently for learning without distractions. I would say that I didn’t do horrible with this competency but I could’ve done better with this competency as I had been distracted at times.

Scientific communication

This competency means that I was able to represent my learning through the scratch game. There were a lot of required aspects of this like particle movement or you could extend your grade by including particle attraction. I received an extending for this because I included some more extra features to my game that went the extra mile.

Reasoning and Analyzing

This competency just means that you were successfully able to creat e a scratch game that has a friendly UI interface and met all the required specifics. I also received an extending for this competency because I made sure to make this as user friendly as I could, while keeping the game complex.

In the end I really enjoyed this project because I got to learn a lot about the kinetic molecular theory while using a creative output to show my learning. (And I’m Good at scratch).

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment