‘Your First Film Summative Blog Post’

This project might have been my favourite PLP project to date.

hello reader of the blog, If you didn’t know, my name is Colton Wallin. Today ill be sharing my experience with a project that I loved very much. Your First Film. This project was awesome, we had to make a self made documentary about anything of our choice.

With the good weather rolling around, I’ve started mountain biking a lot more, big hobby of mine during the summer. Theres so much to talk about biking in North Vancouver so I decided to make a documentary on how the history of biking has shaped the sport into a fun and sustainable sport for all ages.

During the start of the project we had to film interviews about random subjects. We learned about he rule of thirds and how to conduct an interview with a subject.

We created a tagline and a logline which are like short summary’s for the entire video. We had to write a screenplay and a storyboard. This is where things got tricky, but I had a good idea in mind at what I wanted to make.

after writing a massive screenplay that looked a little something like this:

I was ready.

The Filming was taken over 3 weeks, and it was awesome. I had a ton of fun in the good weather, enjoying riding my bikes and filming my friends. I got a ton of clips of biking and even some strangers let me record them too! The biking community is super inclusive, one of the reasons why I made this video in the first place. After I had got my clips, I sat down and put them all together.

The hardest part was editing it all together. Even though it was extremely time consuming and difficult at times. It was well worth it for the Final Cut. I was super pleased wth how it turned out and thought It was some of my best work through the year, so without further ado, sit back and enjoy.

Published inmaker

Be First to Comment