Flippin TikToks

What is the perfect way to show your learning? Is it a book? A film? A Blog Post? Nope. A Tiktok.

If somehow you have been living under a rock for the past 4 years, let me fill you in. There exists a social media app called TikTok, and if airplane mode is on, it can talk to the plane. (Funny joke if you get it, if you dont, ignore it)

Serious now. TikTok is an app much like instagram inn the form that you scroll through a feed of content, except TikTok consists of mostly 15 second video slots instead of a post. These are called TikToks, and they are solely responsible for our generations extremely short attention span.

Well when they told me on the first day of maker that we would be making TikTok videos, I was repulsed.

“What the flip. How am I going to extend on Flippin TikToks.”

Usually, I think I extend in this class we call maker. Im proud of the work I produce, especially filming video documentary projects, monotone Romeo and Juliet chess video films, but TikToks?

Then I saw it as a positive challenge. To fit a sophisticated idea into a sophisticated medium. That’s easy. Fitting a sophisticated idea into a 15 second portrait oriented video with set music in the background, that was hard. And I accepted my challenge and began cooking.🧑‍🍳

DESIGN CHALLENGE RESEARCH 

Only in PLP will you have to draft out and source potential TikTok Videos (DO NOT TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT) its all apart of the process. So what we had to do here is create a game plan. Who are we making the video with, where would we be filming the video, when would we be filming the video. Oh, and now would be a good time to mention that we WERE GETTING FLOWN OUT TO ORLANDO DISNEY WORLD TO FILM THESE. Only in PLP (Again, not an insult).

S0 heres an example of what one would look like:

Click here (idk why the link isn’t working)

So we had to Create 5 of these guys for the 5 Tiktoks we would do. 2 would be a partner one, the other 3 would be individual ones. So as you can see, I put in the Design Challenge sheet (The image at the top), a short description, the people involved, where it would take place, and then inspiration links, so I could try and get my vision across. I dont know how well this worked, but I think the inspiration links were a nice touch.🌈

PERSONAL DESIGN PATHWAY

This part is the putting in motion part. (Great sentence). Here we had to create a storyboard about the TikToks we would be creating (Only in…) and a prototype, like a test video, making sure that you idea would work. I based this format this very similarly after my Design Challenge Research. Here’s an exclusive look at my thought process for each of my eventual videos.

Click here again

I put a lot of effort into my prototypes. Even though they weren’t supposed to be good, I just wanted to make them quality, because the better they were, the better quality the videos would be.

My storyboards went held to as high a standard as my prototypes, but a prototype for a tiktok video is harder than it sounds.

TO FLORIDA!

On the trip, you couldn’t catch me without my phone out taking videos. Whether it was for my Documentary Project (GO READ NOW PLP Goes to Florida) or filming some video I needed for this project, I realized something. Something that was concerning that it took so long for me to find out.

This project wasn’t just about creating TikToks. It was about learning how to organize, to prepare, to make Effective Personal Decisions. Yes the final project was the TikToks, but the process up to the videos were just as, If not more important, and that is truly, only in PLP.

So now for the moment you folk have been waiting for. The videos themselves, which ironically are uploaded to YouTube shorts instead of TikTok, but flip it, we ball. So without Further ado, TikToks, fresh from Florida:

Published inmaker

Be First to Comment