Am I Effective? Idk bro

Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post! Of recent, I have been working hard on probably one of my favourite projects that we have done in PLP. Throughout this project I learned a lot about myself and different ways to become the most effective person that I can be. There was a lot that happened in this project, so if anything doesn’t make sense or I forgot something, please comment! I hope you enjoy this post:

Driving question: How can I be my most effective self?

Answer: I think that a starting place for figuring out how to be my most effective self would be self-care. In order to help others and the environment around me, I need to be in a position to do so. After focusing on the four main parts of self-care (body, mind, emotional, spiritual), I can move on to actually understanding the needs of the environment around me. After understanding what needs to be done around me and because I took the time to understand what needed to be done, I can move on to coming up with a strategy to help. By following this simple yet effective routine, I can be sure that I am on the path to become my most effective self. 

I mentioned something above about the 7 Habits so let me fill you in a little on what they are. The shortened version – basically this guy, Stephen Covey wrote a book called the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. So as you can imagine, this book was about seven different ways that you can improve yourself. This book, which we read in class, was the basis of this project. Here is chart of all the different Habits and what they mean that I made:

For each section of the book, we complete a choice board activity. This was where we got to let our creativity shine through. We could represent what we learned from the book in anyway that we wanted to. I really, really, reallllly liked this part. Although I was a little confused at the beginning on what the parameters were, I soon realized that there were none. The freedom of this project is what made it my favourite one that I have done so far in PLP. So as I was saying, for each section of the book, we made a different representation of our learning. You can check out what I made for each section below ⬇️ 

Private Victory:

Public Victory:

Renewal:

Ok, so that was for each individual section of the book. After we were introduced to this big graph that we had to fill out. While filling this out we had to think about different ways to represent our learning. For example we had to create three different types of media. The three types of media were kinaesthetic audio and visual. We had to represent what we had learned about each different habit. We had to group all of the seven habits into different sections and then create basically an assessment choice board on each of the different sections that we individually had created. It sounds really confusing but once you see the chart that I made it’ll all make more sense. You can check out the chart below ⬇️ 

After we filled out the chart, we had to get it approved by a teacher. I got mine approved by a teacher right away and then I got to work. We had to explain in our church why we chose what we chose to do and we had to do it in a way that made it very meaningful to us. I really liked the way that I explained mine and I think that it went in depth about the personal connection that I had to my words.You can check out what I did for each of my categorized sections below ⬇️

Kinaesthetic:

Visual:

Audio:

Another thing that we did in this project was a mission statement table. Basically, we spent time crafting a sentence that was something we wanted to personally work on. We then put people around a table (fictional, alive, dead) that we thought were good examples or who we thought could help us reach our goal. After, we wrote about what each person meant to us and how we thought that they could help us reach our person goal. You can check out mine below ⬇️ 

In the end, this was my favourite project. I loved the creativity that I put into my choice board. You can see my growth from the first one to the last one. I really liked the 7 Habits book because I think, with practice, I can implement it into my everyday life and become my most effective self. Thank you for reading this post!

Best wishes,

-Dana