Argh Matey Summative Post

Introduction

Argh Matey! Welcome back to my blog, after ba very short project I am back with another summative post. It was a very fun project and I really enjoyed learning about things like the Columbus exchange and piracy. This post is going to be sort of new in the sense style. I am going to be implementing these in my future blog posts, let me know if you like them in the comments.

What was this project all about?

Every project we do there is a driving question, this projects driving question was “What was the global impact of exploration?” To bring you up to speed on what a driving questions is, it is a questions that we have answered by the end of the project working through different lessons, lectures, milestones and stepping stones. 

Struggles and challenges🔒

This is going to be a new section of my blog that I have tried in the past and enjoyed writing. 

I have to say that the main things that I struggled with would be the making of our AR Makr video which you will find out about right after this section. The reason I struggled with this is because I wrote a very long script and I was told that I had to cut it down to make the time limit for the video. I also struggled with the drawings for the video. Unfortunately I didn’t have lots of time to make these drawings so they are not as good as I would have liked them to be.

What did this project include📜

This was a bit of a different project from our usual ones. We had far more lectures which I enjoyed, It was a nice easy way to learn while note taking which was useful through out the project.

I am the captain now⛴

When we were first assigned this project I saw that was were watching captain Phillips to kick of the project. I though “there is no way this is real. No way we are taking a whole day to watch a movie” Well I was wrong, we did watch captain Phillips we took a pause during lunch and talked about the pirates worldview VS captain Phillips worldview during a 10 minute break.

I loved the movie, I had never seen it before so I had no idea what to expect all I knew is that Tom Hanks was in it and I really like him. It was a great and very interesting. it also came in handy during later parts of the project.

Augmented Reality📺

These were the final part of out project. The task was to make a video using drawn or traced photos in an app called AR Makr that explained the age of exploration using a story spine. This was the part of the project that I struggled with like I said earlier. I did enjoy collaborating with other classmates to form ideas. This was my first time using AR Makr and it was pretty cool I have to say.

Check out the final video below

My final thoughts on this project📄

This was a fun project that allowed me to lear lots of new very interesting things about the age of exploration. Now I am going to look back at the driving question and how we answered it. We answered this driving question by partaking in lectures that allowed us to gain new knowlage about the age of exploration and Columbus exchange. We later yused our gained knowlage to create a video using the story spine there for answering the driving question.

Be the first to comment on "Argh Matey Summative Post"