KMT summative post

Introduction

hello and welcome back to my blog. this is another summative posy but this is a summative post from my mathematics and science course. this project was all about density and the kinetic molecular theory. this projects driving question was “How can the behavior of atoms be explain by the kinetic molecular theory and atomic theory?” I am very interested in science topics like this one so I really enjoyed learning about molecules and atoms.

What was this project all about?

This project main focus was on learning about things like the kinetic molecular theory and how to show it. at the start of this project we did serval textbook readings and workbook pages to build our knowledge on the topic.

Struggles and challenges

there were few parts of this project that I struggled on but I did have some challenges creating the final product which was a coded game/simulator in scratch. this could have been a matter simulator that displayed the kinetic molecular theory or a game that did the same. the coding was a long process of test fix and re test I ran into several challenges along the way but I used scientific communication which was one of our curricular competencies.

Competencies

in every project we have a set of curricular competencies that we are assessed by. in this project we had 3 main competencies.

1. Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest. I used this competency while creating our project start and end mind map displaying my curiosity about this topic. I was really interested in how this topic connected to rocket science and my curiosity of that lead to a significant part of my final product.
  2. Scientific communication: Communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations and digital technologies. This was the main part of our project to demonstrate this we had to add all the states of matter particle motion and different atom models into our game/simulator. I think the best part of this was the creativity of my game/simulator where you had to know how rocket fuel and a rocket engine works like what state of matter the fuel starts in and even the best element to use in the tank.
  3. Reasoning and analyzing: Use logic and patterns (including coding) to solves puzzles and play games. I best represented this competency in my code. This competency was the coded functional game/simulator but my code was so advanced and intricate that this was by best representation of this competency.

What did this project include?

here are a couple things we did throughout this project

Scratch coded game/simulator

In the simulator we had to show different states of matter and how heat and cooling effects the speed and movement of the molecules. We also had to represent different atomic models I showed the Dalton model and the Bohr model in my game and simulator. I was interested in rocket science and how rocket science and the kinetic molecular theory connect with each other. so I researched both and came up with some good ideas for my simulators final look.

Project start mind map

In every project in science and math we start off with a project start wind map this is to ask lots of questions about what we want to learn to the start of the project.

Final thoughts

this was a great project with tons of interesting knew knowledge. I hope we continue to learn about interesting things like this over the course of these next few months.

Be the first to comment on "KMT summative post"