Home/School Communication

or “How come nobody told me…”

“How come nobody told me about the Professional Day?” (The next one is on October 21st, 2011.)

“How come nobody told me about the early dismissal?” (The next one is on October 4th, 2011.)

“How come nobody told me that I had to sign up with PAC to be in the directory?” (It’s happening now – Cleveland parents click here.)

“How come nobody told me…” I think we did tell you. Didn’t you get the email?  🙂

Smile if you have heard statements like the ones above. Smile if you have found yourself saying something similar. I suspect we all have.

How do we keep parents informed at Cleveland?

Once upon a time (in 2010), we would photocopy thousands of pages for the weekly or monthly newsletters and send them home with a child. Parents sometimes received them on time, or would find them a month later at the bottom of the backpack. Now, we send electronic pages every Friday, with almost no paper used.

Have your received your emails? Do we have your current email address?

When teachers wanted to share information with parents, they would write notes and send them home with the child. Parents would send notes to school with their children. Now teachers and parents can communicate over the phone or via email. Notes are still welcome.

Home/School communication is very important, and it takes all parties to make it effective.

Thank you for being active listeners (or more accurately – active readers) when we send out information, and thank you for keeping us informed when we need to hear from you.

Thank you for being patient if we missed sending out timely information. We sometimes miss things, but we try to be as accurate as possible.

Together, we can work to help ensure that our Home/School communication keeps us connected and informed.

Take care.

PS. Thank you for the wonderful turnout at our PAC meeting last night. We are a lucky school.