Using Pictures

ClevCollageAs I wander around the school, I carry my iPhone with me and snap pictures of the many different activities I see. A lot happens in a typical week, and sometimes a picture can assist in telling stories.

Letter Beads – in one of our Kindergarten classes, students today were having to sort out beads and find the letters N, O, P, Q, R, S, T and make a bracelet out of them. Letter recognition takes time to learn. These students did an excellent job, and are learning how to say the letters in French. Thank you to the parents for donating to the enrichment fund that allows teachers to be creative and buy classroom supplies like these beads.

Growing Plants – in one of our grade 2/3 classes, students have partnered up to create mini terrariums. The are sitting on a counter top facing East. I am curious about how much growth will occur over the next few weeks.

The Giver project – one of our grade 6/7 classes read The Giver (by Louis Lowry) and created many interesting projects to demonstrate their understanding of the book. One project featured a hand-crafted house.

Creative Students and iPads – we have several students making use of iPads to create movies to teach concepts or to celebrate learning. Michelle is using an iPad camera to  record her classmates who are acting out the script they wrote. Thanks PAC for funding the purchase of our iPads.

Half a Basketball – a few weeks ago we had a basketball blow up. One of our grade 7 boys slammed the ball on the gym floor, and “BOOM!”, it exploded. No one was hurt, but we were all surprised. The two halves became a prop for some fun. We are working on getting a replacement ball.

That’s all for today.

Take care