My User Manual Reflection

We did a project called “My user manual” and it was basically a user manual of ourselves , as if we where robots or some product that came with a user manual. That project was really fun and it helped me learn who I am and how I can present who I am. Here is my user manual:

User guide: Rattray

Brand: Student

Model: Declan Rattray, iOS 5.3

PRODUCT GUIDE

Congratulations! Welcome to your very own student and friend, Declan Rattray 5.3, (referred to as: Declan, Dec, Decky, Ducky, or Duck.) Your new friend comes with functions, including but not limited to being:

•helpful in almost all situations

•good friend and being reliable

•good with technology and iPad assistance 

•mediocre at skateboarding

GETTING STARTED

Before using Declan, be ready to get annoyed at him on initial use (you will get used to it). Prior to using Declan, it is recommended that you have a thorough understanding of skateboarding terms and culture.

ACCESSIBILITY

Declan is accessible during the day. You can most often find him at Seycove Secondary school as that is where he is welcomed and where his education is based. Declan is often found checking his emails so that would be a good way to get his attention or to send him something across distances. iMessage is also a reliable way to communicate with Declan.

The skatepark is where Declan is found in 70% of his free time, so the Parkgate skatepark is a good place to check first. 20% of his time he will probably be hanging out with friends, and the other 10% is reserved for family.

SETTINGS

Declan has five main modes which are always on and meant to be used on a daily basis: 1. Skater, 2. Tech guy/normal person, 3. student, 4. friend and 5. family member.

Setting 1: Skateboarder

In this setting Declan is supposedly a good skater, which includes knowledge of all the lingo, names of tricks and actually going to the skatepark.

Setting 2: Tech guy/ normal person.

This one is pretty basic; it’s just a tech guy who is also a normal person.

Setting 3: Student

This one is also pretty basic it is use the mode for the during “school” time. This setting is made for learning, but has numerous bugs including: A listening dysfunction, a focus problem, being loud and disturbing and fidgetiness.

Setting 4: Friend

In this setting you’ll find a assortment of features, including but not limited to: 

•empathetic feelings and actions

•alway being there for you

•having your back

•being a good friend in general

•being able to constantly save you from weird, awkward or any other situations.

Setting 5: Family member

This mode has three main functions: 1. Being a good son 2. Being a good brother and 4. Sometimes having to be the “man of the house.”

WARNINGS

Warning this device may…

• Be prone to making to many jokes or just telling bad jokes
  • Be very loud and annoying (as previously mentioned)
  • Have a very warped* perspective on things

•Try to much to be friendly and nice

TROUBLESHOOTING

Problem Solution
Declan’s skateboarding is not on par First, try insulting him and telling him that he can’t, this will motivate him to prove you wrong. You can also try to wait for hi to do it naturally, but that might take a while
There is no music in the vicinity Just ask Declan. He always has a wide selection of music download on his iPad and phone
You need Declan to focus or pay attention  First, consider that he is probably listening but I doesn’t look like it, and than bop him on the head

TIPS TO MAINTAIN OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE

• Fuel with tacos and root beer🍺 🌮

• Make sure that you read frequently📕📗📘

• Drive him around🚗🚕
  • Talk about skateboarding 🛹
  • Have music on frequently🎧🎼

Why 5.3 is the best:

The number 5.3 was named very carefully, 5 is the number of the different models in the rattray Family and 3 is Declan’s favourite number

I really liked this project because I’m not very good at presenting myself and getting What’s in my brain onto the paper and this project helped me do that. We also did a side project called “My Memoji laptop” where we made a custom digital cartoon images of ourselves behind a laptop. We made -digital- stickers of things that are important to us and put them on the laptop like this: 

My Memoji laptop

I really enjoyed this project and it helped me be more me.👍

One Response

1. Emily Maxwell October 21, 2020 at 5:05 pm |

Looks like a cool project Declan! I’d be interested to know a bit more about the steps you took to create this, awesome final product! How did you present?

Reply