PLP 8 tectonics

For our second project of the term we made a book on tectonics. This book consisted of some of the info we gained. It also includes 10 or more key concepts and my book had 15 pages (with not much writing). After making the book we went to a elementary school and we read them our books. And now we are writing the proses of what I just told you. I will also be reflecting on 4 key curricular competency’s.

1. Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence 

I think that I did good in this competency because I showed ten key concepts from the text books. These then key concepts were  Key concepts:

• Surface is made out of big rocky plates 
  • Move relive the to each other 
  • Scientists debated the shape and position fo plates 
  • Tech helps scientist study the different layers of the earth
  • How the ocean floor is more dense
  • Most earth quakes happen by faults 
  • Movement by faults make seismic waves
  • Most volcanos are in the ocean 
  • Mt. Ranges are made by two crusts pushing up on each other 
  • Convection can cause explosions and eruptions 

I added these ten key concepts plus a few more in my book.

2. Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

I think that I did good in this competency because I showed interest in the topic and was very curious at the start of the project. I think that as i answered more questions the less interested I got because I started learning more and to me it was less interesting than I thought. Then I started not doing as well as I should have because for me I want to work on something interesting and not not interesting.

3. The theory of plate tectonics is the unifying theory that explains earths geological proses

Like I said in number 2 the more i worked on it the les I got interested in but I found that while it was interesting i didn’t enjoy it . I do think that if some stuff changed i would have enjoined it more

4. Contribute to care for self others community an world through personal or collaborative  approaches 

I think that i did bad in this section. To me there was one main reason. I was to loud. And at times I would not pay attention in class. To me those are the main reasons why my grad was or is drastically decreased.