Colonizing in a tempest!!

Hello everyone welcome to another post. This is my last gr.8 humanities post 😢 I hope you enjoy.

Our last unit this year was colonization!! In this unit we learned about New France, the colonization of North America, Shakespeare and our final project for this year was 🔥🔥🔥 (you’ll see why later) now let’s get started.

We started off this unit with (just like most units) getting put into groups. In my group was Keira, Izzy, and Ben. Once this was done we moved on to Shakespeare. The play we studied was the Tempest. It was of course written by Shakespeare. To make this play we were given an app that had all the the lines and a summary of every part of every act in the play. Our other very challenging task was to set the play in New France. So of course we had to learn about it to be able to incorporate it into the play.

The first thing we looked at in this unit was colonization. We looked at a comic that showed the steps to colonizing a place and how to get the locals on your side.

These are the four steps of colonization. The steps are

1. Reconnaissance

2. Invasion

3. Occupation

4. Assimilation

If you want an explanation of what each word means read the comic for more.

We then moved on to New France it’s self. We learned about the pyramid of power and the different types of people living in New France. The rankings are below.