The Steampunk Aesthetic!

Hey everyone and welcome back to a very interesting post. As you can probably tell from the title this post is on the topic of Steampunk. In this post I will not only defining the definition of the word steampunk but also answering a question that I came up with which is “ What makes Steampunk such a popular aesthetic?” Or “Why is steampunk so popular?”

Now the definition for the word steampunk is a bit weird but I’ll try my best to explain it. The proper definition is “ A genre of science fiction that has a historical setting and typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advanced technology.” Now if your still struggleing to grasp the concept of steampunk I define it as, if the industrial revolution had happened in the Victorian Era when everything was powered by steam.

darksouls1 / Pixabay

Now onto my question. Once again my question is “ What makes Steampunk such a popular aesthetic?”

If you haven’t even heard of steampunk before don’t worry I hadn’t either but I shocked to discover how popular it is. At the Lincolnshire festival which is the biggest annul Steampunk gathering, over 100,000 people attended this year.

There are many things that make this genre so popular to many different people from the colours to the visual looks of gears, clocks, cogs etc. to the fact that you can make a ton of cool things that don’t exist today. It all depends on what you are interested in and if the steampunk aesthetic fits matches them. So as the answer to my question is there is no one ‘right’ answer. It’s all about opinion some people will love it and some will hate it. It all depends on what you like and your opinion.

Thanks for reading, I’ll see you in the conclusion, Bye y’all