Student Blogging Challenge – An Amazing Experience

For the past 7 weeks, our PLP Maker 10 class has been participating in what I can only say has been one of the most unique experiences of the year. I’m talking about 2018’s Student Blogging Challenge; an event that incorporates research, writing, and personal aspects in to blogging, along with allowing bloggers to connect with others around the world.

In the beginning, I wasn’t sure if I would be interested in the challenge as I’ve never been much of a blogger when it comes to personal topics. However, once I got to do some tasks such as week fours’s Emoji Event and the Free Choice week, I became invested in it. I love that it has given me the opportunity to write more personalized posts, because I don’t think I would have learned how to do it otherwise. It’s also helped me find my blogging voice, which I hope I can use more of in my school posts.

✨My Favourite Posts✨

Free Choice Challnge – Trumpets

Sharing Musical Tastes

Emoji Art

Another reason I liked this challenge was because of the chance I was given to meet so many amazing people. I have had conversations with other people from Canada, people from the United States, and even over seas. I also got to see some incredible blogs that inspired me to add to my own. SBC has also showed me some cool ways to spice up my blog with things such as my visitor tracker, and HTML animated text. I hope I’m given the chance to do this challenge again next year, and can’t wait to read some of the other reflection posts.

✨Highlights✨

My Emoji Art 

My Two Kinds of People Graphic 

Playing “Five Star Funk” 

3 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge – An Amazing Experience

1. Hi Emily,

How nice to have this feedback after a 10-week blogging experience which means you should keep on blogging, learning, sharing, meeting people from overseas and, most important of all, finding your own voice. I really liked that 🙂
    I also loved the experience and so much that I’ve decided to participate again. As you say, these are unique opportunities to interact, open our classroom walls to the world and learn stuff we wouldn’t otherwise.
    I wish you all the best for your blog and, for the time being, happy holidays for you and yours,
    Teacher Alex (a Portuguese teacher of English as a Foreign Language and an Edublogs commenter)

1. Hello Alexa,

Thank you for the comment! It means a lot to me that people take the time to read my posts, especially when they come from other countries. Happy Holidays⭐️